Dashboard cracked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think you would luck out at a salvage yard. No yard would be able to pull that part and I doubt you would want to spend hours in a yard pulling it yourself just to have another dash that will probably crack. I would call around to your local dealers they may have a left over dash from the rush of replacements before the deadline. But they were pretty scarce and many of us waited many months for a dash to be brought in for replacement.

Hopefully this is not my future....

dashmat_carpet_dashboard_cover.jpg

My cracking is very minimal right now. If it spreads it looks like I’ll be the guinea pig for the coverlay.

After taking apart the cargo area panels I want nothing to do with pulling and reinstalling a dash.

The dash pad is easy. The recall only pays the tech something like 2.2hrs. I dropped mine off in the morning and had it back by lunch.

Mine took a whole day, they took everything out from the storage area of the center console forward

I was going to suggest wrapping it yourself, maybe with some Alcantara or leather, if you don't want the carpeted dash pad. If the dash is cracked already you got nothing to lose! A loooong time ago I pulled the dash from my car and fiberglassed it before painting it. It held up well, and some quick detail spray was perfect for cleaning it up when it got dusty. I would probably go the leather/Alcantara route if I had not managed to get mine replaced.

I did pull the dash in my 80 Series when parting it out. Besides one hidden screw it wasn’t bad. The nice part is that you won’t have to be as careful with the removal since the old dash will just be trash and you will learn how the new one goes back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom