4x4 Will not engage. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My neighbors 2007 4 Runner won’t engage into 4x4 High or Low. The dash has multiple lights flashing no matter what drive setting the truck is in. I posted a picture showing these lights. I have an LC not a 4 Runner, but the lights are: (orange) Diff Lock, (green) 4x4, VSC OFF and the DAC. My neighbor says the DAC button broke awhile back while on. Not sure if that makes any difference. But yesterday the car drove fine, then the dash lit up with these lights and no the car is stuck on their inclined driveway here in the mountains due to no 4x4. Curious if anyone knows what this issue is so that I can help them. I cleaned the battery terminals and connections because this seems electrical, but that did not work. Thanks in advance.

when they call come on like that, it can be as simple as a loose gas cap. sometimes that has to be replaced, dont go aftermarket if this is the case.

if the 4wd won't engage have him turn it off while in neutral, and 'unclick' the center diff lock button. generally just trying to get it back to a 'default state'.

What i've found is that sometimes you need to move the 4runner back and fourth a bit to get the center diff to catch, 4wd sometimes too.

Do you know if they have used 4wd in a while? enough fluid in the TC?

when they call come on like that, it can be as simple as a loose gas cap. sometimes that has to be replaced, dont go aftermarket if this is the case.

if the 4wd won't engage have him turn it off while in neutral, and 'unclick' the center diff lock button. generally just trying to get it back to a 'default state'.

What i've found is that sometimes you need to move the 4runner back and fourth a bit to get the center diff to catch, 4wd sometimes too.

Do you know if they have used 4wd in a while? enough fluid in the TC?
Good info, we will try that tomorrow. I do not know when it was last used. I just know it was driven 3 hours yesterday to their home next to me. The dash lights came on when they were driving. Once they got in it later that day, could not get out of the snowy driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom