New Year's Day No-Snow Run - Jemez (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i might be able to jump in some puerco... on the moto... have to see how it works, i'll stay lurking...

Hey Marc,

I will take the lead for the folks that want to join us for the Puerco runs. Right now, we have confirmed Matt P., Matt B., Juan C., Frank C. and myself. I will post up our meeting stop and time once we get that sorted.

Who else is up to join us for the Puerco runs??

Larry

I don't multi-task very well. Do you mind starting a new thread for the Puerco run? I'm going to change my thread title to include the Jemez

I updated the first post. Make sure you read it if you're planning to participate. If you're on there but changed your mind, let me know.

I should be in that day, I’m thinking on the Marc A. Route. Here’s a picture of my truck, so I’m not a total stranger out there....

MattO

74FF3D1C-D8CC-4DD9-9485-ECD885A93C52.jpeg

We might take the new (almost a year old) 4-Runner Trail instead of the 80 if we stick to the main forest roads in the Jemez. I don’t think Han wants it all scratched up just yet....

We might take the new (almost a year old) 4-Runner Trail instead of the 80 if we stick to the main forest roads in the Jemez. I don’t think Han wants it all scratched up just yet....
I was not planning for Paliza-syle trails but stuff that's on the Motor Vehicle Use Maps. Should still need 4LO occasionally. But there will be some exploring of unknown trails.

@krecon1 - I'm not having any luck finding FR4 that you referenced Keith. Where is it. I know where State Highway 4 is, but not Forest Road 4. What do people know about the road that goes along the northern boundary of the Valles Caldera (FR144) and eventually comes out onto Highway 84/285? That will get us up to and over 10,000 ft and maybe find snow.

Another idea would be to explore more of Cebollita Mesa which is between FR 376 and Hwy 4. Some of the FR#s are 604, 605, 607 but the elevation there only gets to about 8,000 ft. and it's a little further south and west of the Caldera.

Marc - I am open to any option in the Jemez. I will also look at the MVUM for ideas.

Also, I added Ellen and I to your list of attendees back on the first post. We will see you in Bernalillo at 9:00 on Monday morning.

Marc - I am open to any option in the Jemez. I will also look at the MVUM for ideas.

Also, I added Ellen and I to your list of attendees back on the first post. We will see you in Bernalillo at 9:00 on Monday morning.
I don't know how I missed you because I had you written down on the piece of paper I was using to keep track of who responded on 3 pages of the thread.

I don't know how I missed you because I had you written down on the piece of paper I was using to keep track of who responded on 3 pages of the thread.

No problem - it looks like we've got a great turnout.

It is 144 on the map - I keep calling it FR4 though.

I’d like to try 144 up around Valles Caldera.

Last edited:
It is 144 on the map - I keep calling it FR4 though.

I’d like to try 144 up around Valles Caldera.
This is the road that connects to the highway 285/84 just north of Espanola. Does anyone know anything about the condition or difficulty of this road?

We’re still planning on it. I have a friend from work that may join as well. We don’t have a defined route, but my take would be FR144 up around VC.

Hi All,
The only FR 4 road I can think of is past La Cueva continuing on Hwy 4 then just past the Redondo campground theres a series of roads on the right that parallel Hwy 4 and the cliff overlooking dark canyon. You can take these almost to Jemez Falls campground. Not long, and ive only mountain biked them, but there are several short off-shoots with steep climbs and more technical spots. I know one is called 4B... Only because I fought a forest fire on it last night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom