New Year's Day No-Snow Run - Jemez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Obviously Bryan (@NyNomad) made it back to Los Alamos since he's posting pics already. About 2:30, we decided to stop trying to make our way to Espanola via 144 because there were a ton of unmarked roads and lots of ambiguity. We didn't want to get lost in the dark and it was about 25 miles from our location to Espanola, if you could fly straight there. So 5 vehicles headed back to 126 on FR144, the way we came in, and the other 7 of us decided to head north into Coyote. We got to Coyote about 4:00. Then Matt O (@theocruiser) and I headed west and then south through Cuba. The others headed east to Abiqiu and then south to Espanola, Los Alamos, Santa Fe, ABQ. I got home in NW ABQ about 6:30.

good times! this spring and summer I'll see you it that I get very familiar with the area since I pretty much live next door. I just need to pick up a trail map

Wait. Was that you in the 40 that passed us? You turd. No ham is no excuse.
LOL, well it was just perfect timing that I even saw you guys as I was heading to meet in the Puerco. Think it might be time to get another radio...too much gear to move between 2 rigs.

Probably should have let the sweet taco into my lane but my head was spinning trying to soak in the epic Toyota pack pulling out and then shortly after I realized it was you guys!

Wow - looks like you guys had a good time as well. From the looks of it, there appeared to be about 10 or 11 trucks in your group Marc. With our 11, that would make over 20 for a really nice turn out. Impressive!

Thanks for hosting the Jemez run. Maybe we can squeeze in a snow run before winter's end.

Larry

Wow - looks like you guys had a good time as well. From the looks of it, there appeared to be about 10 or 11 trucks in your group Marc. With our 11, that would make over 20 for a really nice turn out. Impressive!

Thanks for hosting the Jemez run. Maybe we can squeeze in a snow run before winter's end.

Larry

If we can get some snow! Here's a few photos I was able to take. We had 11 Toyotas and 1 really well-built GMC Canyon with a diesel that was a friend of Keith's.

DSC02805.JPG
DSC02807.JPG
DSC02809.JPG

Some other neat things to drool over:
That grey mini-truck had a Cummins 2.8 in it. Really cool.
Michael (@Mjm505) had a supercharger on his 80.

Where we went. This will open in Google Earth. You will need it to view the track.

Attachments

• New Years 2018.kml
    500.4 KB · Views: 208
If you are not familiar with Google Earth, or don't use it much ... This track will appear in "temporary places." Just select the right dart, select "tracks," and you can uncheck the "points" box to get rid of the individual track points. You can zoom in and out.

Will attempt to name the vehicles and occupants:
80 - Keith, Han, Han's mother, boys (@krecon1)
100 - Me, Danise, Paige
Mini-truck with Cummins Diesel - Johnathan and ?
100 - Matt O and boys (@theocruiser)
80 - Michael and boys (@Mjm505)
80 - Vince (@Pyro-boy)
1st gen 4Runner - Jon (@pappy)
FJ Cruiser - Bryan (@NyNomad) + Karma the dog
3rd Gen 4Runner - Chris (@Chompers) + pup
80 - Evan and Ellen (@evanz80)
100 - Ron and kiddo (@slimbuddha)
GMC Canyon - Reddy and wife (Keith's friend from work)

First two are from Google Earth, last one is from a USFS 7.5 minute map. The pins are places I have plotted before on GE and not related to the trip - other than the turn around area. Last image is the nice meadow we stopped for lunch.

T1.PNG

T2.PNG

T3.PNG

GE4.PNG

My rear bumper before getting blasted with the pressure washer.
20180102_103115[1].jpg

I think you'd be good up to camp spot 3 - past that there becomes some tighter turns and uphills. When we camped up there over Labor Day we saw quite a few campers scattered about - some I was like how did they get back there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom