Manzanos Snow Wheeling, Armistice Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBound

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey y'all, @ststephen69s and @Naffdesigns joined us last Friday for a run to Fourth of July Campground south of Tijeras. We've been trying to go out for a few weeks to see the fall colors. It snowed the night before and on veteran's day, but we decided to try it anyway. I'm glad we did. With all our recovery gear and @Naffdesign's winch I wasn't too worried. There were still some sketchy sections that needed proper attention. I'd absolutely run this trail again after a light snow.

We did 58 miles over 4.5 hrs throughout the morning. I don't think any of us took any photos of the landscape, but it was awesome in the foggy snowfall. Some of the forest looked haunted. Other sections of burned down forest looked just like No Man's Land during winter. I'll upload more photos here later.

20231110_131738.jpg

20231110_135849.jpg

20231110_140902.jpg

20231110_142700.jpg

IMG_20231113_151724_292.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! First snow run of the season! 👍👍👍

who is @Naffdesigns? I don't recognize that name. Curious where did y'all enter and exit the mountain?

1700160671387.png

It was indeed a great run and I had absolutely no problem with the HiAce van. It did great in the snow.
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg

who is @Naffdesigns? I don't recognize that name. Curious where did y'all enter and exit the mountain?

View attachment 3483220

That's Cody Naff. You can find the handle on Instagram. He once saved my skin from a no-start in the parking lot of Cabelas. He's a welder/fabricator and works for Walt now over at TAV and I think he's been to a few club meetings. Rebuilt his own 2nd gen engine. I can't remember if it was a 22RE or a swap that he did. I trust Cody in a crisis.

Orange is the route we took south of Tijeras onto MVUM 321 and out through MVUM 55.

Screenshot_20231120-132106_Gaia GPS.jpg

We are going to head up to the Manzanos today to try to find a Christmas tree. Probably going to take my LX and the wife's GX just in case something bad happens.

We are going to head up to the Manzanos today to try to find a Christmas tree. Probably going to take my LX and the wife's GX just in case something bad happens.
Hope it was successful and not bad! Dang I hate missing all this early snow it’s the best!

Hope it was successful and not bad! Dang I hate missing all this early snow it’s the best!

We went back up to the Jemez today and tooled around in the snow. It was nearly a foot thick. We set up a small camp with a fire and made eggs and bacon. The snow is out there my friend.

We did get a tree. There was about 14" of snow most of the time. Just took my LX and it did awesome. We tried the loop from Tajique to Torreon, but nobody else had been through after about half way so we turned around.
PXL_20231202_191729327.MP.jpg

We did get a tree. There was about 14" of snow most of the time. Just took my LX and it did awesome. We tried the loop from Tajique to Torreon, but nobody else had been through after about half way so we turned around. View attachment 3497446
Dang! Beautiful day!

Nice!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom