What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

flushed my power steering fluid - used the hose technique listed here. Worked fine - the old fluid was not as bad as I thought. I decided that my jack stands are too small to be comfortable - their weight capacity is OK, but they just barely reach the height once the car tire is lifted. They look too extended. Any suggestions are welcome.

Get the 12 ton jack stands for the front. I got those and the 6 tons for the rear from Harbor Freight. The 12 ton aren't for the weight, but for the fact they can extend much taller to accommodate the front frame "horns" which are higher than than the rear jack points.

New wheels/tires finally mounted. 295/75/16 KO2's on 16x8 +10 offset SCS wheels. Pic is with AHC on high, rubs barely on the pinch weld in high and normal it rubs more severely on the pinch weld but not enough to damage anything. I'll work on fixing that tonight. Probably doing an AHC override or sensor adjustment to hold me over for a few months until I'm ready for a real lift.

SMmsCr9.jpg

@landylover21: That is one nice lookin' Mahogany Pearl LC! I also have a 1998 Mahogany Pearl, and never appreciated (as in DID NOT LIKE) the two tone look until seeing your nicely-cared for, fresh-from-the-factory finish. Nicely done! Gotta go find some Meguiars and 3M products now . . .

12v outlets on rear quarter panel door.....Used a Blue Sea battery terminal mount aux fuse block and ran 10awg wire to the outlets...

20170522_105618.jpg

20170522_105715.jpg

Last edited:
New wheels/tires finally mounted. 295/75/16 KO2's on 16x8 +10 offset SCS wheels. Pic is with AHC on high, rubs barely on the pinch weld in high and normal it rubs more severely on the pinch weld but not enough to damage anything. I'll work on fixing that tonight. Probably doing an AHC override or sensor adjustment to hold me over for a few months until I'm ready for a real lift.

SMmsCr9.jpg
Really dig those wheels.

12v outlets on rear quarter panel door.....Used a Blue Sea battery terminal mount aux fuse block and ran 10awg wire to the outlets...

View attachment 1464729

View attachment 1464730
I like the look of this. Is 10 gauge wire big enough to negate most loss to the rear? I have heard of people doing 6 or 8 to prevent loss on the longer runs. How long did the full install take you?

I like the look of this. Is 10 gauge wire big enough to negate most loss to the rear? I have heard of people doing 6 or 8 to prevent loss on the longer runs. How long did the full install take you?
10awg wires is way overkill to power up each of these 12v outlets.. I mounted the aux fuse block right next to battery ( so therefore you just run your smaller wire to each 12v outlet from there). I have mounted an aux fuse block in the rear compartment area on an 80, and ran 6 awg wire from aux battery to fuse block. That's where you would run thicker cable ...Btw, fuse block install is a matter of mins, running wires from battery to rear area, that's a different story.. Maybe couple hrs?

Guess I better join this thread since I'll probably never get around to doing a build thread.

Busy weekend, got my Trail Tailor (@reevesci) sliders with full plates and roof rack back from the powder coater and got adventurous by drilling holes in my pristine dash for a ram mount to hold my moto mods car dock. The dock has a very strong magnet for holding the phone but only came with an air vent mount. Luckily the dock mounts just about perfectly to the small ram mount ball.
IMG_20170518_131100321_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170519_185525436_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170522_130541004.jpg
IMG_20170522_134040201.jpg

10awg wires is way overkill to power up each of these 12v outlets.. I mounted the aux fuse block right next to battery ( so therefore you just run your smaller wire to each 12v outlet from there). I have mounted an aux fuse block in the rear compartment area on an 80, and ran 6 awg wire from aux battery to fuse block. That's where you would run thicker cable ...Btw, fuse block install is a matter of mins, running wires from battery to rear area, that's a different story.. Maybe couple hrs?
Cool, thanks. Did you run the wire through the rubber grommet through the firewall, then under the plastic door trim?

Cool, thanks. Did you run the wire through the rubber grommet through the firewall, then under the plastic door trim?
Yup... Put a dap of silicone on the firewall grommet since I had to cut a slight notch to fit all 6 (neg/pos)wires.

Yup... Put a dap of silicone on the firewall grommet since I had to cut a slight notch to fit all 6 (neg/pos)wires.
Copy that. Thank you.

Popped on the trailtailor control arm skids.
IMG_4072.JPG

Put in the slee extended brake line. It was a real challenge due to a totally whacked up brake line bracket. Has anyone had this happen? What kinda fixes seem best?
IMG_4075.JPG

Also added some fold down counter space in the kitchen.
IMG_4069.JPG

Does the vehicle need to be lifted for these to work? I have worn links and considering this if I get more travel with them.

Thanks!

Idea is to keep the link as vertical as possible to work within the design specs from Mr. Yota. These would cause a stock placement bar to become "over run". I don't recommend them for a stock set up.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom