Nav and Bluetooth option for First Gen GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did u have any issues with the wiring? I'm not getting any sound out of mine. It works just no sound

Has anyone ordered one of these units recently? If so, any current link to the place you purchased it from. I'm ready to pull the trigger but feel nervous about some of the sites.

i ordered one a few weeks ago. other than a wire issue with the harness sent to me, its been working fine

Ordered it from Amazon. I'll look for the link

*edit* here u go. It's says unavailable though

Amazon.com: JOYING Quad Core 1024*600 7 Inch Android 4.4 Kitkat for Toyota Prado 2002-2009 Double Din in Dash Hd Capacitive Touch Screen Car DVD Player GPS Navigation Stereo Support Steering Wheel/bluetooth/obd2: GPS & Navigation

The wiring issue I had was the unit would turn on and work but I got no sound unless I cranked th truck all the way up and then the music only lasted 3 seconds. Ordered the metra tyto1 or whatever harness and used that along with the harness side that came with the unit that plugs into the unit. Basically cut the harness that came with the unit in half and used part of it with the metra and all works fine now

This looks great and appears to be exactly what I want...but with an iPhone/Apple OS integration. Does anyone know if this is an available option?

I am having the same problem (no sound) that wrmathis described. Any help is much appreciated.

20160806_115449.jpg
20160806_115319.jpg
20160806_115319.jpg
20160806_115319.jpg

Mine works great. Details in the build thread. I tried the GROM (was good) but I blew some speakers due to rot so I went all aftermarket.

14828_10151968272313123_1551640902_n.jpg

Hey guys, really like this thread!! Question for those of you who have installed this unit, How does it sound compared to the factory unit? I dont want to cheaper the quality of the audio. Does anyone have any CONS? or PROS? please share. Steering wheel functions do they work with the can-bus adapter harness? Thanks.

Any progress reports in this unit? I can't seem to find them on Amazon or other non-sketchy looking Websites. Did anyone buy from these guys?

Android Toyota Prado dvd player, Android Toyota Prado GPS, Android Toyota Prado Radio

And to clarify, I need the Unit and the Can-Bus adapter? I know nothing about car stereos - the thought of fiddling with wires behind the dash pisses me off. This thing is pretty much plug-and-play?

I have a 2004 non-nav and really just want an AUX-in option that isn't a cassette. The CD changer is getting dodgy and the quality from the cassette adapter is less than stellar. I'm open to other (cheaper) suggestions.

Any progress reports in this unit? I can't seem to find them on Amazon or other non-sketchy looking Websites. Did anyone buy from these guys?

Android Toyota Prado dvd player, Android Toyota Prado GPS, Android Toyota Prado Radio

And to clarify, I need the Unit and the Can-Bus adapter? I know nothing about car stereos - the thought of fiddling with wires behind the dash pisses me off. This thing is pretty much plug-and-play?

I have a 2004 non-nav and really just want an AUX-in option that isn't a cassette. The CD changer is getting dodgy and the quality from the cassette adapter is less than stellar. I'm open to other (cheaper) suggestions.
I have an 05 non-nav and use this. It works well for bluetooth streaming from my iphone. It is plug and play (in-line between the changer and head unit if I remember correctly) and also provides and aux in and USB charger (no data). I keep steering wheel controls and my only gripe is that it doesn't display track text on the head unit. They have another one that supposedly does but doesn't include the hands free microphone ($$extra). It's been good for a few years so far and I had another of their products in my IS350 for about 4 years with no problems.

So far so good. I really don't have any complaints.

I did get the back up camera installed. It works great. The Headunit automatically turns it on when the truck is put in reverse.
What kind of backup camera did you use?
I would love to install one of these but I'm thinking Apple Play would be nice to have to sync with my iPhone. It looks like Apple Play is available on some of the name brand Head units but those are a little pricey.

Mine arrived yesterday. It looks like it's plug and play with the can buss adapter. I have not had time to put it in and we have a high or 10F tomorrow.

Mine arrived yesterday. It looks like it's plug and play with the can buss adapter. I have not had time to put it in and we have a high or 10F tomorrow.

How's it working for you? My new to me GX's cd changer just crapped out.

Has anyone with factory nav purchased one of these? I noticed in red text on the jewellet website it says to call them before ordering if you have factory nav. My 2005 nav unit has fewer features than my watch.

Has anyone with factory nav purchased one of these? I noticed in red text on the jewellet website it says to call them before ordering if you have factory nav. My 2005 nav unit has fewer features than my watch.

To my knowledge, there has not yet been a successful replacement of the OEM navigation system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom