For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured I post here in case Pappy wanted a life style change:flipoff2:

I'll be sad to see it go but it must be done....

Ummmmm, :hmm:

1. If I had the coin I would think about it.
2. I suspect it would exceed the amount of coin I would like to spend.
3. If I had the FJ40 sold it would be tempting.

That said, I feel your pain, for the same reason I'm going to hate parting with the LC. But, it will be the right thing to do.

Huh? When did you decide to sell the 40? Why are you selling it after all the work you did to get it just the way you want it?

2014 Scion FR-S 42K Miles

Well with the baby due in the next month or so it's time to sell the FR-S! Figured I post here in case Pappy wanted a life style change:flipoff2:

I'll be sad to see it go but it must be done....

YES I tried to put a car seat in the back...nope
View attachment 1407860 2014 FR-S Monogram

Steve,
There is plenty of room for a baby underneath the front seat or perhaps in the glove box. If you are worried about it rolling around the floorboards just put a jacket next to it like I do with my lunch. Speaking of lunch and babies....

Love,
J

Huh? When did you decide to sell the 40? Why are you selling it after all the work you did to get it just the way you want it?

It comes down to practicality. I don't drive it much, it's too small to camp out of, and I would rather have a car for daily driving instead of the 4Runner. Plus, it's also a pre-retirement move.

Maybe Steve's car would be a good mid-life crisis car for Pappy? Vrrooomm Vrroooommm

Maybe Steve's car would be a good mid-life crisis car for Pappy? Vrrooomm Vrroooommm

I think Pappys FJ would be a good mid-life crisis for me! (I don't think Fjs Vrrooom though- also wait a minute I already have two other mid-life crisis sitting in the garage...)

Pappy! what do you want for it? out of curiosity....

Dude, I'm a few years past "mid life."

I'd buy the 40 and the GT86 if either made sense. I'm about ripe for my mid-life crisis. But neither is very family friendly when compared to the ES350 and the Hundy. Neither would safely tow my camp trailer either. And since I'm shooting for retirement in 15 years, I can put that money to work in better places where it will help me with my goal of 55. But I would still love to have either one, or both.

I'm planning on my midlife crisis in a few years. 55 seems like a good time for a midlife crisis.

I'd buy the 40 and the GT86 if either made sense. I'm about ripe for my mid-life crisis. But neither is very family friendly when compared to the ES350 and the Hundy. Neither would safely tow my camp trailer either. And since I'm shooting for retirement in 15 years, I can put that money to work in better places where it will help me with my goal of 55. But I would still love to have either one, or both.
Plus, you already have a 40.. any progress ?

Well who ever decides to pull the trigger it will be at the Land Rover dealership on Alameda.
Daddy has just traded for a 2011 4Runner Trail Edition!

Well who ever decides to pull the trigger it will be at the Land Rover dealership on Alameda.
Daddy has just traded for a 2011 4Runner Trail Edition!
Well I guess we know what we are doing this weekend............................VRUM, TAPTAP TUG.... rinse and repeat.

1997 FZJ80 40th anniv edition $5900 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Runs great,still needs front bumper,cold a/c,sunroof,all new fluids,new paint on faded areas,looks great,4x4,no lock diff,automatic,power windows and locks $5900 possible trade

Anybody need a Crew Max Tundra? 57k miles, White with the Rock Warrior package on it. New KO2 tires to boot!
Asking 30k...

Daisy
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG

Last edited:
1997 FZJ80 40th anniv edition $5900 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
Runs great,still needs front bumper,cold a/c,sunroof,all new fluids,new paint on faded areas,looks great,4x4,no lock diff,automatic,power windows and locks $5900 possible trade

I'm pretty sure that POS was priced around $4900 not too long ago. It must be appreciating with this new administration.

spare axles and birfs:

Toyota axle shafts, Land Cruiser, Mini-truck, 4Runner

I have axle shafts and Birfields (stub axles, CV joints) for 1980-1990 FJ60/62 Land Cruisers, and solid axle 4WD 1979 - 1985 Toyota pickups and 4Runners. All parts are 27 spline factory shafts.

Long side axle shafts will fit FJ60/62 Land Cruisers, and 1985 and older 4WD pickups and 4Runners. I have three at $35 each. One is still attached to the Birfield (see below).

Short side axle shafts will fit mini-trucks and 4Runners only. I have three at $35 each. One is still attached to the Birfield (see below).

Birfields will fit solid axle mini-trucks and 4Runners 1985 and older, FJ60/62 Land Cruisers, and I believe 1979+ FJ40. It will also fit older FJ40s with modification. I have three at $35 each. Two are still attached to their axles (see below).

Two of the Birfields are still attached to their mini-truck axle shafts. $60 for either pair if I don't have to separate them. Otherwise they are also $35 for each bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom