For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sale pending!! I should have it by this evening assuming it all goes well.

@marcfj60 Yes its clear this has been very well maintained, and the biggest reason I'm pulling the trigger on it. I'm still not sure on the all-white look, but I figure I can always 3M wrap the car to a beige or maybe the just lower side moldings if I still don't like the white in a few months.

@Ramathorn15 Thank you a TON for finding this!! As a finder's fee I think I owe you a case of your favorite cold ones :beer: and a second hand :wrench: on your next project.

@marcfj60 Yes its clear this has been very well maintained, and the biggest reason I'm pulling the trigger on it. I'm still not sure on the all-white look, but I figure I can always 3M wrap the car to a beige or maybe the just lower side moldings if I still don't like the white in a few months.

@Ramathorn15 Thank you a TON for finding this!! As a finder's fee I think I owe you a case of your favorite cold ones :beer: and a second hand :wrench: on your next project.

Congrats!! I think there's some unwritten rule that all Expedition rigs must be white. Maybe I saw it on Expo Portal?

Congrats! I have techstream if you want to check on the AHC system. You definitely got an awesome deal. It looked about as good as possible.

@Ramathorn15 I will probably take you up on that! I did the quick AHC test yesterday by counting ticks on the reservoir in H and L modes. Counted 9 ticks, which means the globes _should_ be good (I read 7 or more is ok). But I know I need to balance pressures with cranking torsion bars, and techstream to get those readings.

Yup. 9 is a good sign. I'm pretty well versed in the system so don't hesitate to PM if you have questions. I'm more than happy to get it as balanced as possible for you too.

Cargo barrier for a 200 series

link: The worst ever Toyota Landcruiser 200 series cargo barrier | Other Parts & Accessories | Gumtree Australia Townsville City - Garbutt | 1096796352

Seller's description
Sick of that cavernous cargo area in your Toyota 200 series?
Want the practical space reduced to such a small, impractical size that a decent fridge won’t fit anymore?

Want a cargo barrier design that makes you and your friends laugh at its ridiculousness every time you see it?

Then look no further. I have a genuine Toyota cargo barrier for sale.

Allegedly designed by drunk Toyota engineers at the Christmas party just to annoy their customers, this design takes everything tried and tested by other cargo barriers designs over many years and tosses it out of those noisy electric windows.

While almost every other design on the planet keeps their top mounts high and out of the way to avoid both the curtain airbags and the cargo, Toyota has decided that all long distance travellers will definitely leave the third row seats in place just in case they are away so long, they return with more children that they left with, and will not mind two intrusive diagonal steel straps projecting into the cargo area beside the folded seats.

Unfortunately I bought it sight unseen from Mike Carney Toyota in Townsville, who will not refund my money, stating that this barrier is fit for purpose.

Well I guess in their defence, it is fit for most people's purpose…..because I understand that 90% of 200 series Landcruisers are purchased for the ability of that stonking great V8 engine to carry the upper middle class suburbanites around town in superb comfort to their hair dressing appointments in between coffee shop sojourns and kale purchases. And the cargo barrier indeed suits this purpose very well. One would not want a shopping bag full of Kale and Nespresso capsules flying through the air as one brakes heavily to prevent the immaculate colour-coded winch bar striking the private schooled child prodigy leaping from their Lexus at their daily advanced calculus tutoring session.

As much as I would love to keep it for the entertainment value (everyone who has seen it has laughed at my cargo barrier), I would like to actually attempt take my Landcruiser on long trips and maybe (surprisingly?) even off-road, so I do need to acquire a proper, functional cargo barrier so I can carry more than a Corolla. So I must regrettably sell this masterpiece to pay for a real one..

So if you would like to purchase for yourself a copy of what is perhaps the worst ever cargo barrier design in the world (although it was a closely fought competition with old Jim’s homemade barrier constructed of old security screen, VB tins and chicken wire) then feel free to purchase this fine piece of railway engineering.

It will come with the bolts, but you may need to buy a mounting kit, as I have no idea exactly how it is fixed. I am surprised that they didn’t just use velcro, as they don’t seem to expect anyone to actually carry anything substantial in there.

It is fitted to my vehicle, but it hasn't had any wear and tear as I CANNOT FIT ANYTHING IN THERE!

A suggestion from an internet forum was to turn it into a big BBQ grill. Not a bad idea. :) If anyone out there has any more creative things I can do with this barrier that is useless as a cargo barrier, please post them here !

2005 LX 470 $18,000 2005 Lexus LX 470

2005 Lexus LX 470, Superb condition. 2nd owner. AWD, Auto transmission, 4.7 liter V8. 133k miles. Cosmetically and mechanically perfect condition. All maintenance done on vehicle - new timing belt/water pump kit done by Lexus dealer at 113k miles. Beautiful aquamarine color (very rare), tan leather interior. Seats up to 8. Rear seats removable, middle row folds up out of the way for large storage in back. Sunroof, locking center differential, navigation, Mark Levinson stereo (nicest I've ever heard), adjustable suspension ride, rear entertainment center. The only thing the Lexus needs is tires - we waited so the new owner could pick the tires they wanted.

Asking $18,000 obo.
Clean Retail is $19,800 and Clean Trade-in is $16,900. This car is in clean retail condition except the tires.

Everything is great here! My wife and I have spent most of our off-roading hours on dirt bikes lately! Been a ton of fun. We even did Jaws up in Colorado last fall, that was a blast on the bikes!

How have you been?

Western Digital 80gb IDE hard drive (WD800). Free to somebody that can remotely find a use for it. It works ... I just reformatted it.

Note this is NOT a SATA drive. IDE!

I have alot of random parts from engine swap on 94 fzj80. The whole bottom end and just a bunch of stuff. I don't really need money for them but want them gone from garage.
Have brand new oil sending unit. Old mudflaps, flares, ac condensor I bought used but wrong fitting for my 94.
Also have exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, fuel rails just ask all goes cheap to help some mudders.
PM me and I'll let you know if I have it and condition. I'm in nw rio rancho.

D.

Last edited:
K.

Stock front bumper off my FJ62. Has end caps, one is loose. Pretty good shape, slight paint overspray on part of it, can be buffed out. $250 OBO
bumper.jpg

I have a set front and rear of 6" lift springs for an 80 series. I was planning to use them for my build but decided they are more than what I need. I would like to trade them for a set of OME medium springs 851's and 860's.
I do not know the manufacturer of the springs I have. They are silver and came on an east coast rig that had 120k on it. They could use a new finish. I would consider selling them as well, I am just not sure what to ask for them.

Wrecked '97 4runner TRD with rear locker for $1000
Wrecked '97 4Runner, SR5, 4WD, for parts

Totaled '97 4Runner, 3.4 V6, 5 speed manual, transfer case, factory locking rear diff.
Extremely well maintained. oil changed every 3000 miles. Only Toyota oil filters, air filters, antifreeze used. All drive line components grease changed every 30,000 mi. All service records since new. Blackstone Lab oil analysis on engine. 360,000 miles. Blackstone Labs oil report at 310,000 said " this is one of the nicest 4Runners we've seen"
As is, where is. Will have to be picked up on wrecker. No front suspension.
Must take whole vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom