ANNULAR ECLIPSE in Albuquerque, NM area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ANNULAR ECLIPSE Oct 14, 2023,
Starts : 9:13 am ends 12:09 pm. Duration: 2 hours 56 minutes, Annularity: 4 minutes 50 seconds
For local viewing sites go to TAAS.org Front page : Ring of Fire, Annular Eclipse information. These sites will have solar telescopes set up for seeing this special event up close. Open to general public.
You must wear solar glasses . Certified ISO 12312-2 or look through a special solar telescope.

Don't miss this event.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:😎😎😎☀️☀️☀️

In August 2017 I went up to Idaho to sit on the center line of an eclipse. I was blown away. I came to the conclusion I wanted to be free to enjoy this kind of activity without having to ask permission (work). I retired 6 weeks later.

IMGP1943_crop_sm.jpg

Ain't right.

eclipse.jpg

We pay good money for our weather and I for one expect better than this.

(Don't quote me, but I hear that if you make a large contribution to the National Weather Service, they'll adjust the conditions in your local area...)

Thanks for the details Jeff! If the stars align 🤨 I’ll be wheeling Gordys for the event

In August 2017 I went up to Idaho to sit on the center line of an eclipse. I was blown away. I came to the conclusion I wanted to be free to enjoy this kind of activity without having to ask permission (work). I retired 6 weeks later.

View attachment 3453558
I was laying in a cornfield in southern Nebraska for that one. It was incredible. all the birds and bugs stopped making noise as it got dark because they thought it night time.

I was planning on going to Nebraska to see the eclipse in 2017, but a week before, I woke up with a right eye detached retina, Had surgery the next day and missed that one. So far, my eyes are working well, so should be able to see this one, in Bloomfield NM. Only showing 26% clouds in Rio rancho and 11% clouds in Bloomfield.
Either place will be pretty good for viewing this special event. UTAH should be outstanding !!!
Next April 8 ,2024, a full eclipse is going over USA, Dallas is one place for this event. 12;23 pm starting. Texas to Maine. Only issue is having to travel east for this one, yuck!
"GO WEST, Young Man, Go West!!! " Horace Greeley. At Least live in the West.......:happy: IMHO...
:p:steer::cool::clap:

Totally epic day at Gordys plus the eerie illumination of the eclipse
IMG_6678.jpeg

View attachment 3453558
The day before this eclipse, with no prior planning, I told the wife to get in the car. We drove from Santa Fe to Casper, Wyoming to watch this eclipse. Neither of us had ever witnessed one. Traffic from the Colorado to Wyoming border was bumper to bumper standstill for five hours on I-25. It was worth every second. I can see why people chase these things across the world.

In April there will be another total Solar Eclipse that will be best viewed from the Austin, Texas area. I will take my kids to watch this one.

If you're suffering from an annular eclipse, shouldn't you see a proctologist?

Not a bad place to watch the eclipse.

20231014_175019-sm.jpg

Killer, @pappy ! Where in the world are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom