Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nolen,

Any idea on RPMs?

No clue. I found several posts, though, where folks state that they routinely run there's well up over 5k. Maybe 4300 ain't s***...

I don't like to exceed 2200rpm @ ~60mph

This is the only FJ40 I have ever driven that is basically stock. I'm sure that even though it's not tuned right, with the header and desmog it's likely as close to stock horsepower as a new one would have been.

Granted it was a race motor, and was balanced and stuff, but I took my 2F to 4K on a regular basis, maybe a few hundred past on accident a few times, because it just kept making power.

The stock motor did seem to drop off after 3000 rpms.

Ha...ha He said a race 2f

I was being modest by calling it a race motor.

It was also built by a legend who shares the same initials as Jesus Christ. And it had a redhead.

It was a wild animal that really liked to scream, and was propelled by the force of the invisible hand of the Man himself.

we should hold the first annual CLC drag races one day.

2f division (de smog class). Id own it.

It would be epic.

if i ever get the goblin running, i'm your huckleberry.....(yes, i read you saif 2F division....dont want to get scolded again by 2B)

we should hold the first annual CLC drag races one day.

2f division (de smog class). Id own it.

It would be epic.
Not so fast there hoss...

Not so fast there hoss...

Haha. I was joking. I drive like a grandma. The turtle races would be fun, though.

I/We get scolded by nolen for derailing his theead in 3,2,1...

Edited for forgiveness:

IMG_9909.JPG

Last edited:
Haha. I was joking. I drive like a grandma. The turtle races would be fun, though.

I/We get scolded by nolen for derailing his theead in 3,2,1...

I covered my bases by tossing in a redhead reference.

But it was no lie. She had a beautiful head of ginger...

IMG_0361.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom