2006 GX470 price check? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

FULL DISCLOSURE: I work in marketing full time, but to satiate my addiction to cars, I devoted a half year of my life to acquiring a wholesale auto dealer's license so I could get access to good cars for cheaper (I am bidding against other dealers who need a margin for profit while I am bidding for me : )

I bought a 2006 Black/grey Navi with a working ML radio with 137k miles on it. Runs and starts fine. The air suspension works and I like driving it....HOWEVER, a 2004 with 90k popped up 2 weeks later and I prefer the lower octane eating engine, so I bought that too and want to unload the first one.

Will go straight to the bad:
1. Surface rust below.
2. Right strut leaking.
3. Small oil leak...not sure from where.

Car is from Illinois and I shipped it to San Francisco. Want to sell this to interested parties then to CL. What is the value? Thanks

As a dealer and enthusiast you know it's worth what someone will pay. Pick a price and have at it.

I paid $16,000 for my 06 with 112,000 miles from a used car dealer in Belmont so there's one reference point for you. Interior and exterior are perfect and no rust.

I paid $13.5k private party for a 2006 Sport w 120k miles, in need of tires and timing belt service but otherwise clean and in a rare color. I considered it a steal and thought $16k would have been more likely in my area. Another private party had a 2007 w 110k on offer for $17.5k firm.

Thanks guys. I haven't bought anything with my license for a "flip" yet so haven't been gauging the market.

Region depending! It was quite difficult to find any number of GX or LX 470's in Portland Oregon, but search Seattle and there was a plethora of options, minus one field, Land Cruisers. Tough to find, and that was my original goal but I bailed after several disappointing months. So I settled, I have an '06 GX470, bought last August, 86,000 miles, service records and all, sport package, Weather tech liners, motor home towing setup, KDSS, non smoker, no dents or scratches...as yet...$18,500.
Then....found an '07 LX470, one owner, non-smoker, 140,000 miles, and yes it is clean!
Can't say I prefer one over the other but the wife took the LX, that left me with the GX to play with....poor me!

I get about 3mpg more with premium but it is happy with mid or regular.

Really 3mpg more? Wow, I have been running 87 in my 05 for the last 50,000 miles, I have put 93 in a few times and haven't noticed much of a difference. I didn't think the compression ratio or timing really called for high octane fuel...

I also have new plugs, gear oil in the diffs and tcase, and tranny service, coolant, power steering, and brakes. New brakes, new front CVs, new lift, and a new steering rack. It could be a compounded result :p

Really 3mpg more? Wow, I have been running 87 in my 05 for the last 50,000 miles, I have put 93 in a few times and haven't noticed much of a difference. I didn't think the compression ratio or timing really called for high octane fuel...
Around town driving you won't notice a difference. I'd imagine it would be noticeable if you were pulling a heavy load and/or it was really hot out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom