toyota diesel engine oil leaks - don't be shy... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
just a little curios to what toyota diesel engine oil leaks you have.

i have a very minor oil leak from my turbo down pipe and also my oil pan plug sometimes leaks if it's not tightened correctly.

i feel better now.... :D

my oil plug tends to stay "wet" too. also i get one drop from the breather after the engine cools down and everything condenses...

Niagara Falls? Oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, side cover gaskets, rear main seal, injector pump diaphragm/gasket... Is there's a gasket or sela, mine leaked. It was so bad, my mom asked me to stop driving Sheila (HJ60) to her place because of how bad it was staining her driveway.
I'll let you know how it goes with all new seals and gaskets once Tofudebeest (Sheila reincarnated) is back up and running.

I have a little leak in my 2H .. the rear main seal .. but .. I thought I will await until my clutch need to be replaced to do this job :D

My '84 BJ60 doesn't leak a drop... 404K on it...

My '81 BJ42 doesn't leak a drop... 250K on it...

My '82 BJ 60 leaks quite a bit from the oil pan gasket.. 346K on it... but it's the only one not driven anyway!

The worst leak is from the side cover gasket. I need to tighten those bolts every once and a while. I've had to replace the oil pan on both the '60 and the '55 due to pinholes from rusting.

Ive looked under dozens if not hundreds of 1HZ and I think they are a low leak engine.
Im not saying they dont leak,but compared to my old 3F they are a godsend;)

Ive seen tired old 1HZ get a bit drippy round the cam seal ,the rear main and the steering pump but its not common.

And by the way neither of mine leak.

No leaks on my 1HD-T. But then again it does only have 7K kms or so on it :D. To add to Rosco's comment, I think the later Toyota engines that used sealant in many places where gaskets were previously used leak far less. Quite the ass pain to remove though!

:DHave to squirt some oil every now and then to avoid my 1HZ being eaten away by rust. And it's my DD.

:bounce::D:D:D:bounce:

No leaks on my 1HD-T. But then again it does only have 7K kms or so on it :D. To add to Rosco's comment, I think the later Toyota engines that used sealant in many places where gaskets were previously used leak far less. Quite the ass pain to remove though!

:DHave to squirt some oil every now and then to avoid my 1HZ being eaten away by rust. And it's my DD.

:bounce::D:D:D:bounce:

Ill drag this thread up next time someone posts a"which diesel is best for me?" thread:D

PTO seal on the inlet shaft drips in warm weather. No drips since October and hope to have it fixed before the next batch of warm weather in July.

Tappet cover gasket,
blow by tube (keeps the front driveshaft very well lubricated!)
Seal between the tranny and t-case
and most of the driveline seals? (in the warm weather)
Waiting to pull the tranny for the clutch replacement and all the seals while I'm at it.

Turbo down-pipe. Doesn't drip on the driveway though. All the oil blows back onto my exhaust.

Smokin!:smokin:

I just replaced my '84 BJ60's rear main seal,oilpan gasket,side cover gasket, and x-fer case output seal. I hope that puts me @ no leeks. I'll see in a few weeks. I just have to adjust the clutch peddle and it should be back on the road.

1HD-T No leaks. Clean and shiny that I will eat off it ;)
1KZ-T No leaks. Clean and shiny that I will eat off it ;)

13B-T The turbo intake pipe gets oily a bit. No big leaks, so no drips on drive way. Infact if I wash it after every three months or so, you will never notice any oil and will eat off it. HA!

I might consider replacing CT 26 Oil Seal, if I can do it myself (is easy to do) and spare some time.

My 13BT looks pretty good except the starter motor which is a greasy mess. I think I need to do some turbo seals or maybe just swap in a Garrett.

The 3B with nearly 600,000 wash free km is fully protected under a layer of crude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom