Went back to old school rims, what do ya think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well got a set of old school rims and tires and ditched the wagon wheels. It is a slightly smaller tire so not sure I like them 100%. The 33's (old ones) did look good, but I think I am digging the rims and caps.
DSCF0188.jpg
DSCF0456.jpg

Much better look with those wheels.

Good choice. Your newer tires look pretty good with those stock wheels. The soft top will just add to it all. Nice work.

wow ..keep it that way and never look back....i'm notice that every time that a member change the look to factory set up its make jaws down...

Old school for sure. A skinny tire with some room left in th wheel wells keeps the old school look that seperates the 40 from anything else out there.

The WW and 33's look good, but when I see a wheel/tire combo like that on a 40 it gives it a Jeep type look.

A vast improvement IMO. Thanks for posting pictures, as I'm going to do the same to mine and it is Rustic Green also. Can't decide between gray and black though.

old skool ROCKS!

Looking good hogula! Thought I would throw on the top and take another look, now I know the old school are the ones.
Picture 001.jpg

Beautiful work on your 40. The OEM rims look great. As to the rear flare, I decided to paint mine body color, as I couldn't afford to repair/replace the fender wells. Here is a quick job of coloring the flares for you and a shot of Cadet with the painted flares.

Cheers.
Greg
green fj40 w flares.jpg
final cadet soft top.jpg

Looking good hogula! Thought I would throw on the top and take another look, now I know the old school are the ones.

100% in agreement. That looks great! The ONLY thing I would do is ditch the rear fender flares.

Simply gorgeous....

Is that a paki top then?

Dan

ShermanTank55, yours look great with the fenders painted. That is what I would have to do because fenders are cut and not going into that expense either (like everything else has been cheap, lol ;))

DanSHJ-45, yep it is a vinyl Ehsan top

Thanks for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom