Zodi Tent Heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked this up from a guy on Craigslist in Portland. Eager to try it. NIB, never used. I figure I can open a rear window on the 80 and pipe it in to make LC camping nice and warm/cozy. Yes I know I am a wimp and should invest in a better sleeping bag first :meh:

Zodi.jpg

Could have used that a few weekends back! Actually, Mark had something similar setup and not sure he even turned it on. The fan wouldn't draw much current, though I'd expect that contraption to go through propane at a pretty good pace. Report back and let us know how it goes,

I have their hot water heater/shower. It does well. But honestly you have 2 heaters in your 80 already why add more?

I was more impressed by the tent A/C I saw in Mississippi when we test-drove our 80 there :hillbilly:

honestly, I have never had a problem with feeling cold in the $80 sleeping bag I bought from Campmor some 15 years ago :meh:

Nice heater there Mike!

Ive never had a cool little heater and would probably never want to go back if I did.

Kinda like a recent camping trip where I was introduced to the "hot coals from the fire under your camp chair" routine. Once you know the difference, you get spoiled! :hillbilly:

IMO, A good cold weather mummy bag makes all the difference. The feature on a cold weather bag that I feel makes a huge difference is a built in fleece lined adjustable hood that covers your head and keeps you warm even when down to zero degrees.

Stay away from REI :flipoff2: and shop around - you can find a good deal if youre patient.

I get so cold in my 80. I have two sleeping bags that I wrap up in and that usually keeps me warm. When it is really cold outside, my face gets frozen. I figured it would be nice to add this gizmo so that when I tent camp I can have it too. Truthfully I am just looking to out-do Rudster :) I have not tested it yet, but I am getting my dual-battery install completed so I have a 12v power source to run the fan off of. Stay tuned...

Obituary from the Payson Roundup, 2/25/13:

"Phoenix man found dead in his truck off FR-133 in Hellsgate Wilderness west of Young, AZ. The Gila County medical examiner suspects carbon monoxide asphyxiation from an improperly vented propane heater. A group of ATVers were alerted to the scene by loud techno music and bright LED lights. No foul play is suspected"

Obituary from the Payson Roundup, 2/25/13:

Somebody better warn him not to use that tent heater this weekend!!

"Phoenix man found dead in his truck off FR-133 in Hellsgate Wilderness west of Young, AZ. The Gila County medical examiner suspects carbon monoxide asphyxiation from an improperly vented propane heater. A group of ATVers were alerted to the scene by loud techno music and bright LED lights. No foul play is suspected"

In all seriousness, I can tell you first hand, DO NOT USE A PROPANE HEATER IN A ENCLOSED SPACE WHILE SLEEPING. Without going into a long story, my wife and I almost died one VERY cold night because of this. The couple in the next campsite over were not so lucky that night, they did die of carbon monoxide asphyxiation. This would be a problem with a traditional propane type heater where the heating element is burning in the tent. You don't have this problem with the Zodi because the burner part stays outside the tent/vehicle, the air is heated through a heat exchanger and a 12v muffin/computer fan blows the heated air through dryer duct. But in my opinion, your better off spending the money on a better sleeping bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom