Your no bs mpg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone care to help me figure out if my no bs mpg is accurate? Only going off the scangauge, here's the info:

1998 LX. With stock size tires, multiple tanks on the scangauge on the interstate at 77mph yielded 13.5 mpg. Bumps up to 15.5 with reasonable, 65mph highway speeds.

Just got new 33s, so I took a road trip. On the trip up, 300 miles, I didn't change the scangauge to account for the larger tires. We took the interstate, so mostly 70+mph.

During the trip back however, we adjusted the scangauge to account for the larger tires via gps and matching the speed. 5% speed correction. We also stayed on back highways averaging 60-65 mph for the trip home. Scangauge said 16.6mpg for the trip home, and that tank of gas was filled before we left. Drove 325 miles home and the gas light isn't on yet.

Did I really get 16.6 on the way home at 65 with new 33a/ts? If so that's SWEET. does the scangauge adjustment for larger tires also adjust its instant/avg mpg calculations?

Drove to Fort Smith Arkansas today, averaged about 70 mph, 16.0 mpg.

Front slee bumper, winch, slee skid plates. 2.5" OME lift. Stock size Michelin tires.

For local city driving i get around 14 mpg.

Drove 400 highway miles at 55-65 speeds. Got 17.3 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Everyone here is getting very good MPG for V8s. I have 1HD-FTE and I am at around 13.8 city and 16.8 highway. Running 285/70R17 Cooper ST/MAXX and a clam-shell RTT.

I haven't driven exclusively on the highway with a tank of gas yet but I can barely hit 300 miles on tank doing mixed driving. That was before/after mud tires. I don't care, I never really expected great mileage but it does seem low.

Think I'm at 1/4 tank right now and 250 miles on my stock 01 LC, so around 300 a tank or so. 12-12.5 mpg, seems pretty low for mostly highway 45-55 mph to work. Anyone noticed improvement from changing the fuel filter? I bought the truck a few weeks ago, no idea if it's ever been changed.

Coming home in my new 100 a week ago.....

across Eastern Oregon doing 55-60mph I got 16.5mpg and across Idaho doing 80mph I got 14.2mpg. I am used to v8 gas hogs so can live with this no probs.

Cheers

First tank on my new to me '02 was 12.8. I rounded up to 13 when I told my wife. I just did diff and trans fluid change with full synthetic so we'll see if that makes a difference. City/Suburban driving on that number.

580 miles, mostly freeway at about 70 mph - but about 150 miles of desert driving - 16.0. It seems that having the engine hot and running continuously makes a difference - when doing short trips, with city driving and cooling in-between, it drops to about 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom