You have been SPOTTED! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spotted this yesterday in the Wilmington area at the Corner of Kerr Ave and Blue Clay Rd. had to blow a U-turn and go back for a look.
Unfortunately it was raining pretty hard and the truck is behind locked chain link, so this is the best I could get.
May have to swing back sometime to see if I can find someone to talk to.
Based on the flat tire and the vine over the hood, I don't think its moved much recently.
003.JPG

Spotted this yesterday in the Wilmington area at the Corner of Kerr Ave and Blue Clay Rd. had to blow a U-turn and go back for a look.
Unfortunately it was raining pretty hard and the truck is behind locked chain link, so this is the best I could get.
May have to swing back sometime to see if I can find someone to talk to.
Based on the flat tire and the vine over the hood, I don't think its moved much recently.
View attachment 1119136
That 45 looks like one I saw in Wilmington years ago. There was a garage in the Monkey Junction area with a white 45, a green 45, and a couple of 40s. That was at least 15 years ago.

Here are some pics I took of the FJ45s in Monkey Junction. The white 45 appears to be the same one spotted above. I took these pics around 1997 or 1998. Note the FJ40 in the background of the green 45 pic, as well as the yellow FJ45LV carcass.
image.jpg

Here are some pics I took of the FJ45s in Monkey Junction. The white 45 appears to be the same one spotted above. I took these pics around 1997 or 1998. Note the FJ40 in the background of the green 45 pic, as well as the yellow FJ45LV carcass. View attachment 1119401
Yeah, that certainly look like it.
Do you remember the name of garage?

Don't remember the name. I checked back a couple years later and all the vehicles were gone from the garage. Pretty sure the building isn't even there anymore now.

I forget what the garage used to be. It is now a Lovitts used car lot. About a half mile up CB road from Monkey Junction on the left as your going towards downtown. If you look at it closely now, you can tell it used to be a garage.
They used to sit in some random lot off Market street around 10th - 12th street. I asked about them when they were there, several years ago. Someone was just storing them there. I vaguely remember something about Rippy Cadillac.
Is it around the weird intersection by the train tracks? Have seen some other interesting Cruisers / Toyotas / Rovers there in the past.

I forget what the garage used to be. It is now a Lovitts used car lot. About a half mile up CB road from Monkey Junction on the left as your going towards downtown. If you look at it closely now, you can tell it used to be a garage.
They used to sit in some random lot off Market street around 10th - 12th street. I asked about them when they were there, several years ago. Someone was just storing them there. I vaguely remember something about Rippy Cadillac.
Is it around the weird intersection by the train tracks? Have seen some other interesting Cruisers / Toyotas / Rovers there in the past.

Yeah, that's the place.

I think I have seen that one a few times on visits to my mother in Brevard ...

While in Brazil, I saw FJ45s, troopies, 40s and even a 45 that was converted into a large box truck (no, not kidding), but this is the only one I was able to get pictures of. A Toyota Bandeirante. Sooooo cool.

IMG_20150814_162927.jpg

IMG_20150814_162931.jpg

IMG_20150814_162941.jpg

IMG_20150814_162956.jpg

IMG_20150814_163043.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439766384.528831.jpg
I know not a cruiser , but hell this is clean local to Belmont . He's interested in the club.

And if I am correct, only one has the original engine! ;)

Spotted an old member acquiring a new cruiser and hopefully a new member with his new cruiser to add to the triad roster.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And yes yes yes. Bezel. I know

Look who I saw trying to drive my cruiser!!

It was only a short spin around the block but that was one awesome fun ride. Just wow.

Don't get your hopes up. This is probably not anyone on MUD but I'll give it a shot.

I was calling on a customer today in Mooresville and this was at the neighbors house.
Spotted 40.jpg

I asked my customer about it and she loved it. She said the owner was not at home but we walked over and looked at anyway. She said he had pulled it out of the garage recently and she did not know what his plans were. She thought it might be for sale. She has my number and I told her to call me if it was for sale. It's not something I'm interested in but I figured someone on here might be. I'll update in the for sale thread if it becomes available.

What year is this? Pre-'75?
It has wipers at the top of the windshield, round tail lights, and a tool box under the drivers seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom