YotaMD front diff bushing replacement vid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fooldall1

Handy Enthusiast
Threads
Great Video, thanks OP!

Differential Bushings (5). Is there a "pack" of all 5 bushings?

Getting ready to make my order on Partsouq. Before I do, can someone help make sure I've gotten the right part numbers? Trying to alleviate as much pressing as possible, so I'm going to buy the complete 'arm'(s?) It looks like there are 2 complete arms in the video. Not willing to pay for the diff cover/bushings combo so I'll chisel/press that. Part numbers I have are attached. (Spacers are for LCAs, disregard).

Thanks.

Annotation 2019-09-27 142053.png

Are you not worried these parts may be counterfeit?

Partsouq is a great source for parts. I've found on bigger items and some select other parts they have a higher price, but most of their parts are discounted even more than the best prices you can get in the US such as McGeorge. Watch your shipping cost, but most of the time it's reasonable. Partsouq gets me things faster from UAE than McGeorge can from 2 hours away.

edit: to answer the actual question: I've never had a concern that they are counterfeit.

I ordered a steering column u-joinr there that was cheaper then us vendor, even with shipping from the Emirates. No question of the PEM, it was absolutely original. Impressed. Had to wait three weeks, but there are comprises I'm willing to make to save big money.

Yeah couple parts that I have ordered from them have been legit. Plus, their parts diagrams are some of the best around and have the most accuracy from what I have seen. I usually check multiple sites just in case but have not been steered wrong.

As for the diff replacement, yeah a lot more scary sounding/looking than it ended up being. Took me less than 30 minutes to drop the front lower diff bushing. Started with a hand chisel to get the lip started moving all the way around, then sprayed a bit of penetrante on it and let it sit for a few. After that I hit it with the air chisel, took a bit of work (side to side) to get it starting to move and not just bending the lip down, but once it starts moving it comes out within minutes. I will replace the other two arms completely. Just easier and quicker.

As an update here, I just went through my 06LX and swapped bushings. Took me about 90 mins including prep and cleanup this time around. Once you know what to expect with the air chisel you can really scream through the job.

I bought the side arm from Toyota so that saved a TON of time and effort. I'd recommend that to most folks if time is of any concern for you (or if you don't have a press). I also left the rear lower bushing alone - it looked great. I think that bushing sees relatively little force/wear. I don't notice a huge difference with the new bushings, but glad I tackled it. At 217k miles the bushings weren't ripped, but were definitely worn.

Absolutely not. I’ve been ordering from them for years and never got anything less than OEM quality.

I think this question speaks to the surprising amount of dealer markup people are used to (and often unaware of). Normal dealer part prices are so absurdly over-priced that when somebody sees reasonable, still profitable pricing on OEM parts, they suspect them to be counterfeit.

I think this question speaks to the surprising amount of dealer markup people are used to (and often unaware of). Normal dealer part prices are so absurdly over-priced that when somebody sees reasonable, still profitable pricing on OEM parts, they suspect them to be counterfeit.
Agreed. I bought a couple of seals for my GF's 4Runner from my local dealer recently, that I had neglected to order with all of the other parts for a front end overhaul. The parts counter guy was struggling to find the part numbers, so I was helping him find the correct ones in the drawings. I saw the list prices on the screen, then after a little keyboard mashing he quoted prices that where 20-30% above Toyota list price. 🙄

Agreed. I bought a couple of seals for my GF's 4Runner from my local dealer recently, that I had neglected to order with all of the other parts for a front end overhaul. The parts counter guy was struggling to find the part numbers, so I was helping him find the correct ones in the drawings. I saw the list prices on the screen, then after a little keyboard mashing he quoted prices that where 20-30% above Toyota list price. 🙄

That's nothing. My local Lexus dealer charged $9+ for gaskets that were $1.50. I ordered a handful of items (hose, gaskets, orings) and the total was $90 or so at my dealer. The exact same parts, with shipping, were <$30 from the usual online dealers. The markup was over 300% as a whole and over 700% on the small parts.

Local dealer markup can be horrendous.

That's nothing. My local Lexus dealer charged $9+ for gaskets that were $1.50. I ordered a handful of items (hose, gaskets, orings) and the total was $90 or so at my dealer. The exact same parts, with shipping, were <$30 from the usual online dealers. The markup was over 300% as a whole and over 700% on the small parts.

Local dealer markup can be horrendous.
Same here, luckily King's Toyota in Cinci has a nice online parts ordering system, and being just down the road from Columbus, delivery is usually no more than 3 days.

Same here, luckily King's Toyota in Cinci has a nice online parts ordering system, and being just down the road from Columbus, delivery is usually no more than 3 days.
My local Subaru dealer sells parts online for ~40% less than the counter price, and won't let you pick them up in person.

I am looking at doing the these Diff mounts and some other suspension work. If I used Olathe Toyota Online and Partsouq, would that be the best combo of Domestic source and UAE for best prices? Any body else domestic, that is easy to get in touch with? I'm a little sore from my local dealer recently. Marking up retail pricing is unbelievable.

I am looking at doing the these Diff mounts and some other suspension work. If I used Olathe Toyota Online and Partsouq, would that be the best combo of Domestic source and UAE for best prices? Any body else domestic, that is easy to get in touch with? I'm a little sore from my local dealer recently. Marking up retail pricing is unbelievable.
partsouq fedexs the parts to you in three days. I just ordered the five diff mounts and balljoint boots from them this morning. This order would have been $418.73 for parts and shipping, before tax.
Item# 5238060030
$85.54 USD​
1​
$85.54 USD​
Item# 5238060040
$85.54 USD​
1​
$85.54 USD​
Item# 4165160010
$20.97 USD​
1​
$20.97 USD​
Item# 4165360010
$18.67 USD​
1​
$18.67 USD​
Item# 4165360020
$18.67 USD​
1​
$18.67 USD​
Item# 4332469085
$5.06 USD​
2​
$10.12 USD​

Subtotal$239.51 USD
Shipping and handling$55.54 USD
Total$295.05 USD
Payment$295.05 USD

partsouq fedexs the parts to you in three days. I just ordered the five diff mounts and balljoint boots from them this morning. This order would have been $418.73 for parts and shipping, before tax.

Thanx! The reason for my question was that I did some Googling and found some Counterfeit busts of like 500,000 parts, and the source was UAE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom