(yawn) Another 100 gets built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Killer build!

Continuing on ......
When I got the Dissent rear bumper in addition to the passenger side spare tire swing out, I ordered a bare drivers side swing out to set up a bike carrier.
I cut off the Dissent receiver tube that was mounted the the tray mount because I didn't feel like it was substantial enough to carry to e-bikes. I then bent a piece of 2" square tubing and mounted it to the tray brackets.
962111EB-6BBC-4049-B1FE-4A5BABF48CFD_1_105_c.jpeg

Got everything fit the way I wanted then had all the parts powder coated to match the bumper.
Then built a platform from 1" plastic, mounted some securing studs for a propane tank along with a strap stantion, and another stantion on the opposite side to hold two Rotopax containers.
2E7F1575-6AF3-4277-9A99-03F4A466A83B_1_105_c.jpeg

B210993B-4526-4307-97AD-4420732B5627_1_105_c.jpeg

Now for the bike rack. I used a Holiday rack because my e-bikes have fenders and need to set in a tray. Pretty much a straight forward assembly with a few modifications for my application.
6EE1347E-3ED6-4825-A4B6-3CDAB5FC3FEE_1_105_c.jpeg

255EFF3C-BD5A-4150-8755-EFA6F5CE1463_1_105_c.jpeg

What size spacers are you running? Did you have to machine out any of the bore to get the part time kit to fit?

Spacers are 1 1/2". No, I did not have to modify the bore of the wheels at all.

I like how you centered the hitch receiver for the bike rack. How is the flex/play with bikes loaded compared the stock Dissent version?

I have no flex at all. The stock Dissent version has a bit of a twist action. Mainly because of how the receiver tube is welded to a 3/16 tray bracket

It's easy to overlook some of the details when you're going back through 9 months of work. I'll try to pick up some of the overlooked stuff as I go.
I scored a set of 5 - 18"x 8" Toyota Pro BBS black wheels and am using Cooper LT295/70R18 Discoverer S/T Maxx tires. Hurican tailgate storage kit was installed. While working on the interior, the steering wheel was replaced, gear shift knob replaced, and gear indicator plate was replaced with ZR Tactical Solutions billet shift plate. We won't spend much time mentioning the K&N Cold Air Intake System since that seems to be a controversial topic.;) Installed Borla cat-back stainless exhaust. (really does sound sweet).
View attachment 3281574
Aux Battery setup ......... I built a custom fit platform for the right fender well. Installed a Otima group 35 yellow top battery for the OE replacement. Then mounted a Optima group 51 yellow top on the passenger side for the aux battery. Along with this I used a CH 48160 battery isolator to connect the two with the alternator. Then a solenoid is wired in to connect the two batteries in case the main needs help in starting. This solenoid is operated by a switch on the dash and simply completes a ground with the power coming from the Aux batt. From there I have a four - relay / four - fuse block that supplies the aux lights. Also a positive & negative post that the winch & inverter are ran from. The power steering reservoir was relocated to this platform.

View attachment 3281577

View attachment 3281578
Are you running any spacers? If you have calipers would you mind getting the diameter of your AVM hubs? I’m wondering if my aisin ones will clear.

Great job! Just curious, are you keeping track of how much $/time you spent on getting it to this level?

Came in wanting to second the admiration for the traction pads pop-riveted to the sliders, but by the time I got to the end of the thread, I almost forgot about them due the color choice (and finish) I always suspected that a 100 would look great in red, then saw a shot from the Middle East of an enamel red one, now this is just the final form of how good red can look on these. Nice job.

Love the build. Looking for some inspiration for a budget friendly build right now. This is an amazing transformation.

Ok, now to start wrapping this up (pardon the pun):giggle:

Sliders on the LC:
View attachment 3281601
View attachment 3281602
Front Bumper
View attachment 3281603
View attachment 3281604
I switched the front grille, Headlight assemblies, lower valance panels, and rear light assemblies to '06 LC mainly cause I liked the look.
Stay tuned ...... there's still more.
And just like that you’ve got a face lifted LC! Gorgeous man. Did you source all of the parts (headlights, taillights, etc) straight from Toyota?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom