WTF!?! Two expensive problems in one day... Tranny & 4wd Solenoid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember one change (I think it was 2-3) hanging a bit more than I liked when I had a stock valve body, but if it is shifting cleanly from gear to gear with no more slipping, it sounds like you have most of your issue sorted. I have my kickdown cable fairly taught, with upshifts taking place somewhere around 3700 at full throttle, but that comes down to what feels right to you. As long as your exhaust is in decent shape, you should feel the power starting to build at 2500 and really come on tap at 3000 and above. That's why I like the higher shifting.

Also swapped vacuum lines on the 4x4 solenoid and it seems to be working working correctly--although the lines look like they are backwards now from a visual perspective. Whatever, it's working. Thanks again everyone!!!

Some have found that their transmission throttle cable needed replacement.... presumably it wouldn't tighten up...

Just discovered mine needs replacement, although for a different reason. Sometimes the cable will bunch up with a "hill" shape right at the throttle. There must be a fray somewhere inside the covering that gets caught up. Is transmission throttle cable the name of the part I need to ask for from American Toyota?

I believe 35520-60050 is the part you want (courtesy of toyodiy.com), called "cable assembly, throttle"

lol.....get it up to 60 let off the gas then slam it in reverse for 3 seconds or so.....no you will be fine

I'm pretty sure Rodney never said put it in reverse: over 60, put in park for 3 seconds. Don't know what the result of putting it into reverse would be (positive or negative).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom