Glow Plug solenoid short? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yesterday I was having some issues starting my 60. Disconnected the terminals and cleaned up all the connections I could. While doing so the double eyelet for the fusible link feel apart from corrosion. While messing around with that I noticed that the large black wire (small black FL wire) would short and heat up only when the large white (small yellow FL wire) was connected and also key turned to engage the glow plug. Now the FL wire for the glow plug relay does its job and heats up I can't see this being normal. The glow plugs obviously pull high amps in order to heat up which could be too much for the small FL wire but I can't see that being good for the FL wire being used every time to start. Also this only happens when the glow plugs are keyed to engage, which also makes me think it's possibly normal? Unfortunately haven't been able to test if it will still start with the issue as I am still having the issue of the batteries taking a charge. Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and where I could start looking. Thanks.

IMG_9419.JPG

IMG_9420.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom