Wanted WTB- MY FIANCÉ A RED FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like this?
88 62 2.JPG

Lauren 18th.jpg

Is this for sale? Just out of curiosity what does something like this sell for?
Beautiful truck BTW
Thanks! I'm conflicted about selling. My personal favorite color for a 62 is charcoal and i had one 15 years ago and sold it for a 40. Should have kept it and started the collection i have now! Bought this 88 4.5 years ago for my daughter and picture above is her getting it on her 18th birthday. She had described her dream car as a red landcruiser wagon and since she had been dealing with Lyme's disease since age 14, my wife and i wanted to surprise her with one. Fortunate to find this one at Peter Merriam's shop in Atlanta......are you familiar with Peter? It had been sitting at his shop for 9 months and owner was ready to sell. Daughter drove it for 2.5 years thru HS and most of freshman year of college as she went local but transfered out of state and we got her a subaru forrester that is more economical and dependable for long trips (she has put over 50k miles on it in 2 years!) So 62 has been shared by me and wife and we vie who gets to drive it. Daughter in picture gets married this Sunday.....she has asked for me to drive her to the outdoor ceremony in the 40 and then for she and her husband to drive away in the red 62. Its awesome to know that your kids appreciate driving something unique!
After wedding, getting expenses paid for it and for some restoration of my 40 at Trollhole's, i will see if i can find a charcoal 62 and if i can, the red 62 will be for sale. Marshall at Trollhole's has been caring for this the past 2+ years and has it running really well with minimal leaking! It has 195k on it....engine was replaced by owner #3 Peter tells me, along with all chrome parts and rims/bumpers were rechromed and a pretty good paint job was done in Atlanta. a few very small spots of rust as owner #1 bought it in Savannah and it resided there for a few years before going to Atlanta til 2012 when i found her. I am owner #4. Thanks for letting me share and ramble. The upstate Cruiser club is gathering tomorrow (Thursday) at Quaker Steak & Lube here in Greenville. I hope to have both the 88 and 76 40 present.....come on up and join us if you can! Oh, what is it worth.......I'm seeing 62's for $12-$18k. Marshall tells me it's probably worth $12 to $15....he's told me it's the nicest 62 he has seen but I'm not sure about that....he has had some really nice ones at his shop

Thanks! I'm conflicted about selling. My personal favorite color for a 62 is charcoal and i had one 15 years ago and sold it for a 40. Should have kept it and started the collection i have now! Bought this 88 4.5 years ago for my daughter and picture above is her getting it on her 18th birthday. She had described her dream car as a red landcruiser wagon and since she had been dealing with Lyme's disease since age 14, my wife and i wanted to surprise her with one. Fortunate to find this one at Peter Merriam's shop in Atlanta......are you familiar with Peter? It had been sitting at his shop for 9 months and owner was ready to sell. Daughter drove it for 2.5 years thru HS and most of freshman year of college as she went local but transfered out of state and we got her a subaru forrester that is more economical and dependable for long trips (she has put over 50k miles on it in 2 years!) So 62 has been shared by me and wife and we vie who gets to drive it. Daughter in picture gets married this Sunday.....she has asked for me to drive her to the outdoor ceremony in the 40 and then for she and her husband to drive away in the red 62. Its awesome to know that your kids appreciate driving something unique!
After wedding, getting expenses paid for it and for some restoration of my 40 at Trollhole's, i will see if i can find a charcoal 62 and if i can, the red 62 will be for sale. Marshall at Trollhole's has been caring for this the past 2+ years and has it running really well with minimal leaking! It has 195k on it....engine was replaced by owner #3 Peter tells me, along with all chrome parts and rims/bumpers were rechromed and a pretty good paint job was done in Atlanta. a few very small spots of rust as owner #1 bought it in Savannah and it resided there for a few years before going to Atlanta til 2012 when i found her. I am owner #4. Thanks for letting me share and ramble. The upstate Cruiser club is gathering tomorrow (Thursday) at Quaker Steak & Lube here in Greenville. I hope to have both the 88 and 76 40 present.....come on up and join us if you can! Oh, what is it worth.......I'm seeing 62's for $12-$18k. Marshall tells me it's probably worth $12 to $15....he's told me it's the nicest 62 he has seen but I'm not sure about that....he has had some really nice ones at his shop
Yes I do know Peter as he's done some work on a couple of my 40s, great guy.
Great story with the 62. Would love to see it at the rally this weekend but I'll be in Phoenix.

Yes I do know Peter as he's done some work on a couple of my 40s, great guy.
Great story with the 62. Would love to see it at the rally this weekend but I'll be in Phoenix.
Safe travels! Peter is responsible for starting my Land Cruiser addiction! I stop by and see him every 6-8 weeks as i am in Atlanta often on business. I found and purchased the 60 he has driven for the last 15 or so years in Lexington, SC and wish i had kept it for myself! Glad to see that he and Max are making progress on the 45 pickup! It will be beautiful when it's done as Peter does things with excellence. Look forward to meeting you soon. my email is jeff.taylor@oobe.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom