WTB: FJ80 Bull Bar or Center Grille Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings !!

I am looking for a FJ80 Bull Bar or Center Grille Guard for my 1996 FJ80. I am not planning on replacing the entire front bumper. I just want a little more protection up front and also want a place to mount some extra lights.

Anybody know where I can get either one of these?

Thanks in advance,

Kent

A bull bar will not offer any more protection and will in fact do more damage. Search "damage multiplier".

D

If you're around the southern Oregon area I have one sitting in my garage.....

Same here

I have one that you can have if you're in Vermont or willing to drive here. Bring a 12 pack of good beer and I'll even help you mount it.

Are you anywhere near Cincinnati???

They are called damage multiplier, on this forum, for a reason. They will offer little to no protection and likely increase damage, even in the case of a minor incident.

Thanks for all the comments. I understand the bars are a "damage multiplier". We have had our FJ80 now for almost 12 years and the only damage we have had is that someone did a hit and run right in the middle of the front bumper. The front bumper had to be replaced and we had a little paint work on the nose. With a Bull Bar, I think most of that damage would have be eliminated.

In any case, does anyone know of someone who manufactures a bull bar for the FJ80?

I have one that you can have if you're in Vermont or willing to drive here. Bring a 12 pack of good beer and I'll even help you mount it.

Do you have a full brush guard, center guard, or a bull bar? And what part of Vermont are you in? My wife would go crazy to get back out there and it would be a great road trip.

Thanks for all the comments. I understand the bars are a "damage multiplier". We have had our FJ80 now for almost 12 years and the only damage we have had is that someone did a hit and run right in the middle of the front bumper. The front bumper had to be replaced and we had a little paint work on the nose. With a Bull Bar, I think most of that damage would have be eliminated.

In any case, does anyone know of someone who manufactures a bull bar for the FJ80?

In most cases, instead of just the bumper being damaged, the tinfoil "grill guard" would have been pushed into the bumper/hood/grill/both front fenders/both headlights. There are pics of these minor "bumps" that would have only damaged a bumper, and instead damage every piece of sheet metal on the front end. The term "bullbar" usually refers to something like the ARB bullbar bumper. I usually call those other bolt on things grill guards or damage multipliers.

The grill/brush guards actually aren't too bad if you cut off the part that wraps around and keep only the center piece.

That is exactly how a lot of cop cars are setup.

The grill/brush guards actually aren't too bad if you cut off the part that wraps around and keep only the center piece.

That is exactly how a lot of cop cars are setup.

OK.... That is exactly what I am looking for. I actually considered finding an old brush guard and cutting off the sections which wrap around the headlights. I just want the center section, and that is why I also was referring to a Bull bar. Probably not the correct term, but it is the 3" hoop bar just for the center section of the bumper. I have also heard it referred to as a A-Bar. I have never been able to find one for a FJ80.

Any thoughts?

Anybody know if WAAG has a distributor in the Chicagoland area? They do have a center guard (i.e. a brush guard without the side wings) which looks ok. Still not the 3" bar hoop like an A-Bar, but it may work.

I have one in Holland, MI. It is off my 1996 and is painted green. Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.

Wow...a little late to the party. This thread is almost 7 months old.

You should list what you have in the classifieds, better luck there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom