Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cars and coffee next week, and Bessingers Sept. 5.
Thinking of Logan's Run, but will probably trailer it if it goes instead of the 62

I've got some wiring to figure out the turn signals were all working, but now, the right doesn't work at all. The light comes on in the dash like a bulb is out, I'll check them first ,but both of them would have to be out.

I’m scheduled for overtime next weekend, but if someone takes my shift, I will meet you at C&C. I can probably do Bessinger’s on the 5th.

I've got some wiring to figure out the turn signals were all working, but now, the right doesn't work at all. The light comes on in the dash like a bulb is out, I'll check them first ,but both of them would have to be out.
Missed this... I’m guessing you tried turning on the signal and verified no voltage at the socket? These old trucks have old and brittle wiring... I’ve got a lot of splices in my harness.

I haven't even looked at it yet, but I will after the insurance pictures. I have to work on the 62 right now.

Mark, it's an EXCURSION, the f 250 with a cab, basically...
I'll get the tires on next week
Yes, I started this freudian slip. I used to have an Expedition, but have always admired the expedition (lower case) potential of the Excursion (name brand). 19 years ago, when I had my Expedition, I wanted an 80 series since my young family was outgrowing my 4Runner, but went with the Expedition because I needed rear A/C and a 3rd row.

Last edited:
I am trying to remove my OME Rack and it's mounted with star (torque) bolts. I am using a T30 bit to take them out and it seems to be a bit small and I stripped a few down a bit.

Any ideas how I can get them out?

not sure what size they are, but make sure you get some quality bits. Cheaper versions will strip most bolts if they are really tight? rusted. They make them for a ratchet, also, best in 1/4" drive

I tried cutting slots with a dremel but couldn't turn them. I then cross cut them to seperate them into 4ths and pried the tops off leaving just the bolts. So what a cluster fugg.... dremel 1 died, had to buy another, used 2 cutting blades, had to buy more, cut the s*** out of the plastic OME mounts, DILLIGAF?!?! 4 hours later I had the OME rack off, but still have bolts to remove, I need to get them removed and I think I need to replace the OME brackets.

Tomorrow I need to look on the internet for issues/solutions.

Mix Acetone and Transmission Fluid 50/50 and let soak.

I'm going to stop by hendrick toyota today and see if they have the clips and retainers in stock. Online they sell for $5 and $2 respectively. Easier to just replace them imo than trying to remove the damaged bolts. I already broke 2 of the retainers so I need to replace them anyway. Just need to drop the headliner partially and get my hands up there.

Hendrick only had 5 brackets and 0 retainers, so I ordered them and picked them up today. I might be energetic after work and start replacing them. lol

I finally got @RickM 's springs on Thursday night after getting the wrong parts and needing more.
Put my buddy Jeff's Dodge truck (2wd) on the lift Friday afternoon and changed the clutch. Got done around 10 pm.
Sunday I put the LCLC windshield sticker on the Chick'n and decided to take it for a drive.
Running great, run into Wally World to get a few things, come out, put it in reverse, and it starts going in reverse. Hit the breaks and kill it. Crank it back to the parking space...Clutch master went out...Called Jeff

While I was waiting, I ordered another master.
Got it back home, the master cylinder will be here Wednesday.
20180930_171230.jpg

New to this particular group so not sure if I should ask this here or on the 80's forum. I am getting some stalling issues when I stop at a stop light and sometimes, while in park idling.

It's not 100% of the time but does happen often. It's not stalling and dying but starts to run rough and acts like it is starving or fuel. Wasn't sure if this was dirty fuel injectors or something worse. Sorry for the rookie question but I'm VERY new to LC's.

Could be quite a few things.
You might take it to a shop or parts store(free) and check if there are any codes.

@FatAzzRunner I won't be able to help this week/weekend, but maybe we could try next week? @girraffe is also a local - maybe we could round up a few folks and just take a peek?

Check battery grounds.... That is what caused mine..

What year
New to this particular group so not sure if I should ask this here or on the 80's forum. I am getting some stalling issues when I stop at a stop light and sometimes, while in park idling.

It's not 100% of the time but does happen often. It's not stalling and dying but starts to run rough and acts like it is starving or fuel. Wasn't sure if this was dirty fuel injectors or something worse. Sorry for the rookie question but I'm VERY new to LC's.
what year
is your 80? Sorry if I missed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom