Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man - if I lived on your side of the world....

It didn’t require a wrench, but the magnetic parts tray needed to be replaced.

0491CE84-78E5-433A-A59E-2198C09667CB.jpeg

I got the 62 (Magnum) back together, no problems. came off the lift fine ,also. I need to unload it, still carrying around a lot of unnecessary weight.

I wouldn't mind some help, the cylinder rebuild shouldn't be bad, its just getting them out.
If you need a hand, you need to tell us when. If its last minute, send out a text. It sounds like everything is fixed now, good luck at GSMTR.

Hasn't happened yet, it will be after summer camp next week. I'll post up when, try not to make it last minute.

Not land cruiser, but got the add a leafs in the front of the excursion today.
Added an easy 2 inches.
Sitting level now, will look great with the new 33's
20180719_102425.jpg
20180811_194509.jpg

Not land cruiser, but got the add a leafs in the front of the excursion today.
Added an easy 2 inches.
Sitting level now, will look great with the new 33'sView attachment 1765184 View attachment 1765185
The youngsters at Wando are doing that too...the Carolina squat. I know its a work truck, but I always thought the Expedition would be the perfect cross country rig with mild offloading capability.

upload_2018-8-12_16-47-1.jpeg

The back of the EXCURSION was already lifted , no doubt to haul a camper or something, I was hoping not to go to high, can't stand the front end lifted like that. It sits pretty level now

I know its a work truck, but I always thought the Expedition would be the perfect cross country rig with mild offloading capability.

One of the ExPo editors has been doing that very thing; here's a couple articles on his build in case you missed them.

Part 1
Full-Size Overland: ExPo’s Diesel Excursion Project

Part 2
Full-Size Overland: The Excursion Part Two

If any of you guys are hip to Instagram, Chris Cordes is traveling full time in the Expedition pulling an airstream as his basecamp. His instagram account is @4x4_Touring

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I want to replace my tie rod ends and the passenger side with the tapered hole to receive the other tie rod and is tapered in the wrong direction.
What am I doing wrong. I'm not a seasoned wrench!
I need help! Free beer!

Expedition looks good David! And sorry @Brandog - I'm not a seasoned wrench either, but I'm sure we can help you out next HAMOM.

Found out I bought the wrong set of tie rod ends. I picked up a right hand drive set. Don't get old, my eyesight stinks.
I just need to get the left set and it will work just fine.

Mark, it's an EXCURSION, the f 250 with a cab, basically...
I'll get the tires on next week

Hey guys,
THE LIFT IS OPERATIONAL AGAIN.
It took me all of 45 minutes from the time I walked out of the door until I washed my hands inside.
So easy, thanks engineers ( something I never do), it was designed to service the cylinders.
Thanks to @ErikinSC for getting the cylinders down to be rebuilt.
I need to get you some money.
That was more than I was expecting.

Swapped out the almost new fuel pump on the Chick'n with another new one today.
Fired right up and ran fine.
Took it on its maiden voyage, about 10 miles around Mt. P. Runs great. A little bumpy and hot, but everything seems ok.
20180818_152433.jpg

Swapped out the almost new fuel pump on the Chick'n with another new one today.
Fired right up and ran fine.
Took it on its maiden voyage, about 10 miles around Mt. P. Runs great. A little bumpy and hot, but everything seems ok.View attachment 1770105
Nice! Glad to hear it. So will the Chick’n make it to C&C sometime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom