Wrenching Wednesday Updates: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got enough torque...Some HP would be nice

Replaced the shifter and transfer boots with some fancy ones from England, still need to paint the shifter and transfer plate, but that will have to wait, it's raining.

And I need to fill in that gaping hole (radio) in the dash

I thought I had posted the shifter balls already, guess not, Christmas present.

I grabbed some rotella 10w30 on sale today for $11 per 2.5 gallons. Decided to do an oil change on the 80 and found out it’s too tall for the garage door now.

Let some/most of the air out of the tires, roll it in, wrench, roll it out and refill them.

I replaced the hood latches this afternoon.
They are stainless ones from Cruiser Outfitters. They look really good.
Trying to attach a pic, but it wont let me.

I couldn't find a replacement resister for the blower motor, so I ordered a resister from Amazon, supposed to drop it to 6 volts. looks like a ballast resister, but it works, I now have hi and low fan.
Started replacing the parking brake shoes tonight, got everything done and was putting the driveshaft back in and realized that it is clocked wrong. I'll have to work on getting it apart, I had to pry it to get it to move off of the studs.

Nice looking bumper, I like the way it wraps around the sides.

I got the new shocks on the Chick'n today, might go ahead and replace the springs while it's on the lift. Some parts are still ordered and not here yet, though

Nice bumper, I'm still searching for a rear one I like for the FJC.

Also, my neighbor is keen to help me replace the diff fluids before GSMTR. I just don't want to keep crawling out to fill the pump with more fluid. I can honestly say I have good neighbors.

Does anyone know if Windrock has a badge? Rausch Creek didn't.

Next weekend I may go look at a trailer, would need a good sand blast and primer, can anyone recommend a shop?

View attachment 1945596View attachment 1945597Got my 4xinnovations bumper painted and installed. Now I think I’m ready for GSMTR if everything goes well!

Last edited:
A badge, as in for your truck?
No, I don't think so.
I haven't had any blasting done in so long, I would just have to search.

I bought a couple of pieces and extended the exhaust out from under the Chick'n.
The old tailpipe was rusted and ended just past the axle.
Hope this will help with the smell inside.

The 62 is ready for GSMTR.
Locker in the front. New aisen locking hub, new wheels with different km2s, Still 35s. New front shocks. Changed oil(finally), checked fluids, drive it 25 or so miles.
Everything is good at least up to 75mph.
20190513_140216.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom