Would you keep these tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudd,
My new to me has new tires, but I'm not sure about the quality. The are made Dean Tire and seem to get good reviews online. The reason I ask is because my family will soon be picking up a custom trailer so the LX will be doing some light towing. The trailer weight 1150 pounds empty so lets figure 1700 with gear. Tongue weight will be around 220 with propane. Thanks for any input. Honestly I'd rather not spend the money, but I also don't want to used tires not up to the task.
Cheers,
Scot
43737363_486799115158430_6647905145600344064_n.jpg
44837916_486798928491782_2117721624877727744_n.jpg
IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1399 2.jpg

I totally missed that the tires were on the tow vehicle not the trailer. And I learned something, 2 ply sidewalls could be misleading. KO2's have 2 ply sidewalls but they are rated at 10 ply per BFG. I didn't put a lot of effort into researching the OP's tires, it was hard enough to find details on the KO2's, but they appear to be a pretty good tire for the intended service. You'll find out when you load up the trailer and cargo area of the LX :)

Thank you for the feed back guys. I think I'll run them for now and see how it goes.
Cheers,
Scot

They are a budget brand tire, they will probably last you about 40,000 miles. So I'd just run them until they're no good and get whatever you want at that time.

I believe these tires are exclusive to les Schwab, and they are not an inexpensive tire. In addition, they do have the 3 peak winter rating (which I wouldn’t call them a full on winter tire but they’ll work well if you get caught out in a storm/freeze). If I recall correctly dean tire is owned/made by cooper tire so I think you will be in good shape (made in USA doesn’t hurt). I say get your money out of them.

Not the nicest snow tire but they do seem to be snows. As far as their specs go i think you're well within the weight ratings as long as their at the correct pressure. I run my tire pressure a little higher when towing on both tow vehicle as well as the trailer. Never exceed whats on the side wall and for goodness sake watch your speed. Just because you can go 88 with your trailer doesn't mean your breaks will stop you in time ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom