world dumbest question

i feel really dumb asking this, but how the hell do i loosten the dizzy to set my timing?
i was smart enought to find the little door by my starter, under all the caked grease, but i dont see a clamp for the dizzy?
its a 84 60, BTW.

hammer

Landpimp

GOLD Star

looking at the dizzy from the PS side, on the right(front of car) of the dizzy is a 12mm(maybe 10MM) nut on the block that needs to be loosed, then you can turn the dizzy. Need to find it by feel I recall. need to use an wrench not a socket, or a dizzy wrench(nice to have)

lovetoski

SILVER Star

The bolt that pimp is referring to is on the right-hand side of the base of the dizzy.

lovetoski said:
The bolt that pimp is referring to is on the right-hand side of the base of the dizzy.
and it is a 12 mm as pimp says. It can be reached with a socket if you have a flex extension in the socket and a loooong extension to your ratchet. If you can find the window you can find the dizzy bolt!

cahilc

The dizzy can also be in there fairly tight so it might take a while twisting clockwise/counter clockwise to loosen it up a bit.

Cahil

HawkDriver

cahilc said:
The dizzy can also be in there fairly tight so it might take a while twisting clockwise/counter clockwise to loosen it up a bit.

Cahil
If it takes longer than 8 minutes and 37 seconds then it might need a wrench on the other end of the bolt. :D

Top Bottom