world dumbest question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i feel really dumb asking this, but how the hell do i loosten the dizzy to set my timing?
i was smart enought to find the little door by my starter, under all the caked grease, but i dont see a clamp for the dizzy?
its a 84 60, BTW.

hammer

looking at the dizzy from the PS side, on the right(front of car) of the dizzy is a 12mm(maybe 10MM) nut on the block that needs to be loosed, then you can turn the dizzy. Need to find it by feel I recall. need to use an wrench not a socket, or a dizzy wrench(nice to have)

The bolt that pimp is referring to is on the right-hand side of the base of the dizzy.

lovetoski said:
The bolt that pimp is referring to is on the right-hand side of the base of the dizzy.

and it is a 12 mm as pimp says. It can be reached with a socket if you have a flex extension in the socket and a loooong extension to your ratchet. If you can find the window you can find the dizzy bolt!

thanks guys....
i used to have a dizzy wrench, but that was long ago, and it was for a 1970 duster.

The dizzy can also be in there fairly tight so it might take a while twisting clockwise/counter clockwise to loosen it up a bit.

Cahil

cahilc said:
The dizzy can also be in there fairly tight so it might take a while twisting clockwise/counter clockwise to loosen it up a bit.

Cahil

If it takes longer than 8 minutes and 37 seconds then it might need a wrench on the other end of the bolt. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom