Woops, roasted my tie rod end boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
So is there any source other than $OR to get rubber tie rod end boots for 60/62 Cruisers? Trying to use heat to free up the adjusting screw on my passenger side relay rod (no joy, hoping a week long soak with some Kroil will free it up) and I accidentally torched part of the tie rod end boot so now it's got a big hole. Amazon has poly TRE end boots but I tried those years ago and wasn't happy with them. The rubber are far superior when maintained properly. I'm driving across the state next Friday so if I can get a replacement (and hopefully get the relay rod end fixed and readjusted) I can slap it on on Thursday. Can't afford the cost (or time right now) of a new TRE kit before my trip or else I'd just do that and be done. Gonna have to wait a few weeks before I do that.

B9199FE6-61AE-4D56-BD27-08409622E655.png

Those are poly. No good on 60 series TREs.

Kurt was actually the first one I checked with (via his site anyway), and the only boots he had listed were for 80 series TREs. HOnestly I might just have to go with the poly boots to last until I get a new set of 555 ends. I can always torch the poly boots off when I remove the TREs to replace them with the new set.

Still pricey for a boot.
For real. Yeah since it's only for a few weeks I'll do the $5 solution and get the poly boots. I ain't looking long term before I get a whole new set of ends.

You can run without the boot for a few weeks... or years. Have you ever seen a typical neglected cruiser?

You can run without the boot for a few weeks... or years. Have you ever seen a typical neglected cruiser?
Yeah I just towed my buddy's to Sandpoint ID last weekend to have the engine swapped! :lol:

Not that long ago, you could get new boots and clips for FJ40s from the dealer. I used their boots on my '40 and they worked well.

CCoT also shows genuine expensive Toyota TRE boots, too - scroll down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom