Wiring harness wrap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me if this is this factory standard or added on? Thanks
DBF78D51-A028-4878-B0B3-0D07BF008927.jpeg

That's the original factory wrap, which was inadequate. A new replacement Toyota main engine harness comes with a reflective heat insulation wrap.

You can buy insulation tape or split sleeves to put over what you have now.
Be careful however, best to not be too aggressive with the harness when wrapping it.

IME a split sleeve is easiest/quickest. IIRC you'll want something in the range of ~ 1-3/4" ID.

Wait for others to chime in on what they used, lots of ways to go about it:

Last edited:
fwiw, when doing my head gasket, I add some header wrap to my harness for extra protection. wrapped it a bit loose and zip tied it to keep it in place.

Mine looks like this now, with a 1" Body Lift in place - the gap between EGR pipe and wrapped wire harness is much better - nowhere near touching.

1inchBodyLift_EngineWireHarness_EGR_NewGap.JPG

I put a heat insulating/reflective sleeve over both the EGR pipe and the engine harness. Key is to also ensure the engine harness is properly attached to the firewall and not drooping down.

There's also a plastic 'clip' that invariably hardens and then breaks with age. That allows the harness to move closer to the EGR junk and increases the chance of the harness wires melting through. A few well placed metal 'zipties' can be used to help keep the re-wrapped harness further from the EGR devil.

cheers,
george.

There's also a plastic 'clip' that invariably hardens and then breaks with age. That allows the harness to move closer to the EGR junk and increases the chance of the harness wires melting through. A few well placed metal 'zipties' can be used to help keep the re-wrapped harness further from the EGR devil.

cheers,
george.
This is what i did. Removed the busted plastic clip and metal zip tied to the previous metal tab that was used for the plastic clip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom