Wiring 60 series for auto headlight on/off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone has taken things a step further than the buzzer mod and wired their headlights to come on in the run position and turn off in acc/off (like most cars nowadays). It seems like you could do this by adding a relay to the headlight circuit, toggled by another source. Has anyone set something like that up?

Have not done this but should as I run with the lights on all the time and it’s easy to forget to shut them off. To do it it should be as easy as changing the power to the ignition switch circuit. Stock lights have a common power and switched ground so it should be reasonably straight forward. But I’d have to study the wiring diagram to be sure.

Dakota Digital makes a setup for that if I'm not mistaken. Think you can add delayed power for accessories, fading off interior lights, etc too.

Negative-switched time delay relay. Has a 3-4wk lead time for some reason.

tdr_adjustments.jpg

Easy to do with a relay. Personally I wouldn't want it. The buzzer is a better alternative. It's not like you're going to walk away from the car with the buzzer screaming. Sometimes it's nice to be able to flash the lights when the key isn't in.

It was a OEM option on Scandinavian 60's.
It is called ''relay running light''
82810-90A00
Strange enough i have not seen this relay on both of the High Roof HJ60's that i have owned. But at the same time Toyota Sweden or the dealership decided to addept the wiring to create the same effect.
20191215_180220.jpg

Thanks everyone. More interesting solutions than I thought, especially the OEM option. Are these 12v trucks you're talking about @sved?

Easy to do with a relay. Personally I wouldn't want it. The buzzer is a better alternative. It's not like you're going to walk away from the car with the buzzer screaming. Sometimes it's nice to be able to flash the lights when the key isn't in.

The buzzer solves one half of the equation, but doesn't help you remember to turn them on. I don't want to be the dweebo that is driving around just after the sun sets with no lights on. It's easy to forget in that case. I also just like to have lights on all the time anyway.

Reactions: OSS
Thanks everyone. More interesting solutions than I thought, especially the OEM option. Are these 12v trucks you're talking about @sved?
[/QUO TE]
Both were 24V HJ60.
My HJ61 has the standard buzzer ,not the running light relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom