Wipers not Working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help with my windshield wipers. My 40 has not been getting driven as much as it should. But a few weeks back my daughter and I jumped in it to head downtown. While we were out it started to sprinkle so I pulled the wiper switch and nothing happened. Jiggled it a few times and still nothing. Now I've got a Little time this weekend to try to figure it out. But I'm stumped. Admittedly happens pretty easy. Pulled the box on the windshield to check things out that all looks good. Pulled the switch and it all looks fine but I've got no power coming in on any of the wires. I see no evidence of mice. The Cruiser is mostly stock and the wire harness certainly is. Which leg should power be coming in on? And where should I go from here?

16156866784522083438126134631117.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember correctly power goes up to the wiper motor then down to the switch, then gets grounded when you turn it on.

Check for voltage up at the motor, and the harness on the windshield frame.

Do you have a wiring diagram?

Been to @Coolerman website?

Ok. Can you say idiot. Cause, ya, it was the fuse. Doh! Not sure why I jumped right past that. My only defense, if there could possibly be one, is that some time ago the washer fluid motor quit working. So, when the wipers quit working my brain just went right to there must be something wrong with the switch or the wiring. Anyway wipers are working fine. Just need to figure out the washer pump. Not as big of deal on that though.

A lot of times the grease in the wiper motor becomes very thick and does not allow the motor to spin. I’d pull the motor out and take it apart for a good cleaning and apply new grease. I believe there’s a company out there rebuild/refurbishing ole wiper motors. Not sure of their name, I think there on the East coast( maybe the Carolinas?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom