Wiper problems, help needed! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So carelessly took out the motor (it was not working) fudging the alignment of the wiper mechanism in the process.

The motor had a lose wire so soldiered it (More like butchered) and got the motor working again.
I also flipped the carbon connectors as wires coming out had become too close to the core (yah it was not fun looking for the ejected springs every where)

1699797470544.jpeg

1699796020973.jpeg
1699796033486.jpeg

The cables are extremly brittle and i had to patch the one of the pics going into the male connector (A full cable swap is needed at some stage.

So the motor works alone before connecting, but i am guessing i moved everything out of alignment so it does not work once connected.

Any ideas how to install / align the wiper washers linkage etc. ??

1699797498977.jpeg
1699797534782.jpeg

Oh and I think i should replace the ground wire, looks too thin and I imagine its causing very high resistance from age.

I has been a while but I believe the procedure is in the FSM (there's a free pdf download in the resources section - top menu).

IIRC, you have to 'Park' the motor (the position it goes to when the motor is turned off - equating to the 'down' position of the wiper blades), then reconnect everything.

Took the car to an electrician to sort it out.
Took him 15 mins to get sorted.

The only issue now is the skipping due worn bushes will look at that some time in the future

Took the car to an electrician to sort it out.
Took him 15 mins to get sorted.

The only issue now is the skipping due worn bushes will look at that some time in the future
Do you know what the electrician did to the motor to fix it? Ive got the same problem on my 1985 FJ60. Thanks!

Do you know what the electrician did to the motor to fix it? Ive got the same problem on my 1985 FJ60. Thanks!
I fixed the motor myself, the alignement was the real issue. I couldn't figure out the right position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom