Winter wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got no plan yet. The usual places would be great. Flag pole, taskers, cove would be awesome and I’m interested in wolf den (only one i havnt been to yet).

Ive got my sliders and recently added some 33s and new steel skids Im looking to take advantage of.

I could be up for an easy Taskers/Peters Mill Run trip. Like the idea of something within an hour's drive or so...

I could be up for an easy Taskers/Peters Mill Run trip. Like the idea of something within an hour's drive or so...
I like the idea. Open to other proposals as well... let’s try to finalize a quick plan on here tonight/tomorrow morning.

Ok. My proposal is to meet at the south entry point/eidenburg gap rd parking lot (38.7883670, -78.5218040) with trail permit in hand- this Saturday around 9am. We can take the trail to the other side and eat lunch on the trail somewhere along the way. It is about 8 miles and will take a couple hours with stops here and there. Maybe we can also climb Woodstock Tower at the end? Does this work for @wolvesSpareFrly @BCM ? Is anyone else interested? It is an easy but fun trail.

Here is a quick diagram. We will meet at the red circle and then follow the trail along peters mill run until the green X at which we can reconnect with civilization and head home from there.
560328FF-DFFD-49FA-878D-01169F115BAF.jpeg

Very unlikely to need any of the following items on this trail but you never know. Please have a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, some form of recovery tools or strategy, a full size spare tire, a club programmed radio (if possible).

Ill have an air compressor to air up tires, club programmed radio, variety of tools, some recovery straps, hard and soft shackles, shovel, axe, come along, and a snatch block- but I dont have recovery boards or a winch. Again- very unlikely to need any of these items on this trail but you never know. Right @1MOA ?

Here is more info about the meet up spot and how/where to grab a permit at the gas station a few minutes away as you pass through town on the way up:

Last edited:
Ok. My proposal is to meet at the south entry point/eidenburg gap rd parking lot (38.7883670, -78.5218040) with trail permit in hand- this Saturday around 9am. We can take the trail to the other side and eat lunch on the trail somewhere along the way. It is about 8 miles and will take a couple hours with stops here and there. Maybe we can also climb Woodstock Tower at the end? Does this work for @wolvesSpareFrly @BCM ? Is anyone else interested? It is an easy but fun trail.

Here is a quick diagram. We will meet at the red circle and then follow the trail along peters mill run until the green X at which we can reconnect with civilization and head home from there.
View attachment 2506784

Very unlikely to need any of the following items on this trail but you never know. Please have a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, some form of recovery tools or strategy, a full size spare tire, a club programmed radio (if possible).

Ill have an air compressor to air up tires, variety of tools, some recovery straps, hard and soft shackles, shovel, axe, come along, and a snatch block- but I dont have recovery boards or a winch. Again- very unlikely to need any of these items on this trail but you never know. Right @1MOA ?

Here is more info about the meet up spot and how/where to grab a permit at the gas station a few minutes away as you pass through town on the way up:

I’m in! :)

Currently looking into this, could be in. I do not have a club programmed radio.
No worries on the radio. As long as 2 of us have one or CB we’re all good. Even if not it’s not a huge deal on this trail.

@emorth what club channel should we plan to use up on peters mill? Is there a repeater nearby that will work? Thanks!

I look to be in, so ill see everyone in the AM. Would anyone be opposed to a friend in a Tacoma tagging along? Not a definite yet.
Awesome! The more the merrier. As long as there are no buicks we will be fine!

Successful trail run along Peters Mill this morning. Thanks for making the trek. It was great to get out today and meet some new folks- great people and trucks as always. I was also able to spot our CLCC handy work from the trail cleanup when we cut and moved that downed tree 2 seasons ago.

01839E5F-2E6C-4B34-8668-888F8EFAEE5A.jpeg
82C7BB67-4EEE-455D-B8F8-68CCDD222F32.jpeg
353A7899-8AC7-41A1-ACBD-1A59034C258F.jpeg

3FB256FA-176D-4380-9387-E8BC270ABE0C.jpeg
EDA31AFF-5979-4DB9-9806-558D5FDFC17C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom