Winter tires and driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The wear on Blizzaks is insane. Between mild winter last season, my lead foot, EV torque I killed the Blizzaks in the rear in one season in 3k miles on my i3. Killed = 1/32nd or so from wear bars. Fronts were unevenly worn due to a bad alignment caused by a dealer's monkey (at least they owned up to that and paid for two tires). I should have been paying better attention to the wear.

Wear on Nokian 8 on thte Taco? Slow, I am afraid they may age out before they get worn.

The wear on Blizzaks is insane. Between mild winter last season, my lead foot, EV torque I killed the Blizzaks in the rear in one season in 3k miles on my i3. Killed = 1/32nd or so from wear bars. Fronts were unevenly worn due to a bad alignment caused by a dealer's monkey (at least they owned up to that and paid for two tires). I should have been paying better attention to the wear.

Wear on Nokian 8 on thte Taco? Slow, I am afraid they may age out before they get worn.
Really must be due to local conditions. I drive maybe 10k miles a year on my blizzaks. On the 200, i get 4 years / ~45k mikes out of them. Now i am a very soft driver on the vehicle. Definitely no jack rabitting off the line. Mostly deep snow and ice. Could not be happier.

Really must be due to local conditions. I drive maybe 10k miles a year on my blizzaks. On the 200, i get 4 years / ~45k mikes out of them. Now i am a very soft driver on the vehicle. Definitely no jack rabitting off the line. Mostly deep snow and ice. Could not be happier.

Agree you can get 45k miles w blizzaks. Keep in mind the multicell (good traction rubber) on blizzaks only lasts 10-15k miles. Then you are running on "regular" winter tire tread. That tread is harder rubber and lasts a long time.

This reflects my experience:

[/URL]

Agree you can get 45k miles w blizzaks. Keep in mind the multicell (good traction rubber) on blizzaks only lasts 10-15k miles. Then you are running on "regular" winter tire tread. That tread is harder rubber and lasts a long time.

This reflects my experience:

[/URL]

Agreed. Still seems to work very well in my conditions.

I am grandpa in the 200, but drive the i3 like a maniac, so I definitely contributed to it a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom