windshield wiper arms"SLOP" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To One and All Mudslingers Alike, this is a follow-up on a post dated 11-24-2004.The time had come when repairing the wipers was no longer optional on My 85' FJ-60. After reading all the replies,and going through many recycle yards I almost went to the "dealer". But as a last desperate act I called "SOR"Specter Off Road (818-882-1238) and they had exactly what I needed,and at a excellent price($35.).The item was a rod (wiper-link) toyota p/n 85164-90A02,SOR p/n 192-02L-R.This rod has new plastic bushings installed and it press fits onto the end of the wiper motor output shaft belcrank , and the input arm at the center wiper .Well problem solved and again at a fraction of replacing the entire assembly I hope this helps all who need it!

Yup. What's even better is to just go to your local Toyota dealer with that part number, buy the same damned part for less money, no SOR markup, and you don't have to pay for shipping. Or order it from c-dan at a discount.

WTF is up with buying OEM parts from $OR? I don't get it.

And yes, replacing BOTH of those linkage rods on your wipers will cure the death-wobble wiper syndrome.

Or take my cunning plan... pull the wiper linkage off of my parts truck, and figure out which one works better. :)

But yes, blindly buying any part (not just OEM!) from anywhere, without doing a little comparison-shopping, is just asking to pay too much. There is also something to be said, however, for paying a bit more to a company that helps you out with useful information and advice, in appreciation for said advice and information...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom