Windshield Weatherstrip Locking Strip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It took about an hour to replace the windshield in my 1970 FJ40. The "rope trick" worked great! However, trying to get the weatherstrip locking strip in is another story. At the rate I'm going with a screw driver and windex, it should take about four hours! I'm sure there must be a proper way or tool to use to facilitate this and would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Windshield Locking Strip.jpg

Hi, Google. There is a simple ,cheap tool to install chrome and black strips.Lisle makes several different types. This is old school. Mike

47,000 Lisle

Thanks! I searched online AFTER I posted this, of course. Found the Lisle 47000 tool and a bonus YouTube video. O'Reilly will have it for me late this afternoon. Thanks again!

This needs to go in a place where people can easily find it. Mike

Question for the forum. I am trying to install a new windshield on my 1965 FJ40. I am using the OEM style gasket with the locking strip. Does the rope trick work with that type of gasket?

I looked online and found a recommendation to install the gasket in the frame first, then slide in the window with lubricant. My gasket, however, does not fit corner to corner without the glass. It is too tight to stretch enough to fill out the frame. Looking for advice.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom