Window trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have to loosen the mirror for the front ones? they go underneath it.
No they slide underneath. There’s actually more room than you need to slide them under so you need to line up the clip with the clip slot to get them in the right place..As in, both sides I slid the molding too far and had to back it back out so the clip hole lined up..

Yesterday picture was in direct sunlight, so you could see the different finishes. Here’s a picture under a street light to show how shuttle the difference is. I suspect no one would know the difference.
5931CD5D-57C1-433D-BC0B-F0A4974EAFCD.jpeg

Got my Amazon cheapy belt moldings. Product looks pretty good. Lighter weight than my LX moldings, but the LX moldings chrome parts are actually a big strip of sheet metal.

took me less than 2 hours total to replace the moldings and to paint my 3rd row chrome bits. Used a flat black paint I found at ace. Lightly sanded. We will see if it lasts, but looks fine now. Pretty good match. The only trick I can offer is look at the replacements to see where the clips are and press those, it won’t move much after that. To get them off (and on) you have to roll them out of the window frame in a somewhat circular motion. Broke the clip on the first one, but rest came out clips in tact.

we will see how long everything lasts compared to OEM.

View attachment 3225681View attachment 3225682View attachment 3225684
i want to do the 4 door moulding as wife complains it lookks weathered. How hard is the install?

i want to do the 4 door moulding as wife complains it lookks weathered. How hard is the install?
Insanely easy. Hardest part is just ripping out the old ones, you’ll feel like you’re About to break something then they’ll just pop out. Pop the other in and call it done. 10 minute job maybe

Insanely easy. Hardest part is just ripping out the old ones, you’ll feel like you’re About to break something then they’ll just pop out. Pop the other in and call it done. 10 minute job maybe
thank u. just ordered

Definitely not hard. As stated, once you have the new ones in your hands so you can see where they attach, and then rip the first one off, it will make sense how they come off and it will go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom