Black window trim, where can I get it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the window trim on my '18 got damaged by hail and needs to be replaced. I'd like to replace it with black trim instead of the chrome. Did Toyota ever make black trim? All I'm finding on google searches is eBay stuff.

Has anyone bought the eBay stuff? Is it the typical garbage or is it decent? I'd much rather have Toyota parts, especially with insurance paying

So the window trim on my '18 got damaged by hail and needs to be replaced. I'd like to replace it with black trim instead of the chrome. Did Toyota ever make black trim? All I'm finding on google searches is eBay stuff.

Has anyone bought the eBay stuff? Is it the typical garbage or is it decent? I'd much rather have Toyota parts, especially with insurance paying
Pre-2016 LC200 trim fits and is black.

you will need to either replace the rear 3 qtr trim on the windows or paint it, the windows have to be removed for that.
Just an FYI.
Like I said, the trim needs to be replaced because it got hail damaged.

you will need to either replace the rear 3 qtr trim on the windows or paint it, the windows have to be removed for that.
Just an FYI.
Most people just paint or wrap it (which doesn't require removing). I think the trim is integrated into the glass for the rear quarter. But yes, there is no part to order to only replace that trim. It took me a couple hours to paint it, wish I had done a couple more layers of paint and scuffed the trim a little more. After 6 months or so it's chipped in a few places. Still looks fine from 10 ft, but the chips are there. Any semi-gloss black looks fine. Maybe a clear coat would have helped with chipping.

I used the eBay stuff (actually Amazon) and it's fine (no regrets since it was 1/3rd the cost). But I'd go OEM if I wasn't paying for it.

Oh. So I misunderstood, that rear quarter glass trim isn't available in black to purchase. Ok, that sucks. The clear bra on the hood will need to be replaced, maybe that guy can also wrap that trim in black at the same time

Oh. So I misunderstood, that rear quarter glass trim isn't available in black to purchase. Ok, that sucks. The clear bra on the hood will need to be replaced, maybe that guy can also wrap that trim in black at the same time
Here's an example part. You can see that piece of trim is integrated into the glass.

s-l1600.jpg

Right.. should have said that,,, you would have to buy new windows with the trim. from a 2008 iff I remember correctly. IDK... I abandoned the idea before looking up part numbers for that.
Nah not necessarily… even newer models are sold in the non-blingbling version but not in the US.
6271060F30 should fit.
In case take a look for aVDJ200-GDMNZ model that has definitely no bling bling s*** on it so the parts should be nicely black.
Part Souq

What're the part numbers for the rear windows with the black window trim? Turns out both of mine will need to get replaced along with all the other window trim, so might as well order the ones with the black trim....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom