Window trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to black out all of the trim on the truck, I figured I could start with the window trim on the bottom of the window frames. Are the chrome pieces directly swappable for the black trim or must one have the chrome pieces wrapped or painted instead? Does anyone have the part numbers for those trim pieces?

I am looking to black out all of the trim on the truck, I figured I could start with the window trim on the bottom of the window frames. Are the chrome pieces directly swappable for the black trim or must one have the chrome pieces wrapped or painted instead? Does anyone have the part numbers for those trim pieces?
This might help.

Post in thread 'Diff Kraken's Got Beef: Project Luna - 2008 URJ200'

This might help.

Post in thread 'Diff Kraken's Got Beef: Project Luna - 2008 URJ200'

I am curious if there's a difference for 2016+ trucks as all sellers show those P/N's for 2008-2015, pre face-lift?!

I am curious if there's a difference for 2016+ trucks as all sellers show those P/N's for 2008-2015, pre face-lift?!
No idea, can’t imagine though since I doubt the doors changed. Maybe the year range is based on color only, since I assume the 2016+ aren’t black.

No idea, can’t imagine though since I doubt the doors changed. Maybe the year range is based on color only, since I assume the 2016+ aren’t black.

Good point. I'll buy on fleabay so that I can return it should there be an issue.

There is cheaper aftermarket too, backed by free Amazon return.

Toryea 4PCS Door Outside Weatherstrip Front & Rear Window Seal Compatible with Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 https://a.co/d/55U65d5

It is directly swappable with the earlier parts. I installed the black trim version on my '16. It was a quick and easy project. I bought the parts from Toyota. The trim between the c and d pillars still needs paint or wrap (I just hit it with plastidip for expediency).

Here are the Toyota part numbers that I used:

P/NDescription
7572060070​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, FRONT DOOR BELT, LEFT
7571060070​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, FRONT DOOR BELT, RIGHT
7574060050​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, REAR DOOR BELT, LEFT
7573060050​
MOULDING ASSEMBLY, REAR DOOR BELT, RIGHT

You must have snagged the last set!
1673625308881.png

i am currently looking at doing the same, what are you going to do about the grill? Paint? Seems a bit to intricate to wrap,

Likely paint all other trim.

Just food for thought...
The rear window trim is fixed.

If you buy the black trim for the four doors, you may have a hard time getting paint to match that third row window.

I had my chrome door protectors painted in a shop and they turned out excellent.

I will be doing the same to the rest of the chrome.

Another thing to note, expel clear coat will be required on the grill area to protect from rocks etc.

Good luck man, watching your build closely.

Meh, depends on your goal. Kill the chrome, or get reaady for show and shine down at the mall. :)

I replaced all four pieces, plastidipped the rear window chrome, and removed/Hyperdipped/reinstalled the rest. It killed the chrome.

At some point, I'll remove and paint the other parts, since hyperdip was a temporary (color test of anthracite), but it has been fine for my uses.

With all the pinstripes on the paint, aftermarket bumpers and rack, a slight mismatch in the color or texture of the black on the window belt trim is probably not what the eye is drawn to.

My local paint shop won't warranty paint over chrome. They've done it for me, and it held up fine, but requires scuffing, etching primer, and still no promises. With the window trim being encased in rubber, that'll be fun to scuff without damaging rubber.

Got my Amazon cheapy belt moldings. Product looks pretty good. Lighter weight than my LX moldings, but the LX moldings chrome parts are actually a big strip of sheet metal.

took me less than 2 hours total to replace the moldings and to paint my 3rd row chrome bits. Used a flat black paint I found at ace. Lightly sanded. We will see if it lasts, but looks fine now. Pretty good match. The only trick I can offer is look at the replacements to see where the clips are and press those, it won’t move much after that. To get them off (and on) you have to roll them out of the window frame in a somewhat circular motion. Broke the clip on the first one, but rest came out clips in tact.

we will see how long everything lasts compared to OEM.

5F2F1A63-BF48-4E88-9AEE-23807ACE0C8E.jpeg
5495BCA0-9022-4A2A-8835-42349C1E93C8.jpeg
78506C0D-C84A-4F81-BB20-CBC9E3EBFC75.jpeg

Got my Amazon cheapy belt moldings. Product looks pretty good. Lighter weight than my LX moldings, but the LX moldings chrome parts are actually a big strip of sheet metal.

took me less than 2 hours total to replace the moldings and to paint my 3rd row chrome bits. Used a flat black paint I found at ace. Lightly sanded. We will see if it lasts, but looks fine now. Pretty good match. The only trick I can offer is look at the replacements to see where the clips are and press those, it won’t move much after that. To get them off (and on) you have to roll them out of the window frame in a somewhat circular motion. Broke the clip on the first one, but rest came out clips in tact.

we will see how long everything lasts compared to OEM.

View attachment 3225681View attachment 3225682View attachment 3225684
Did you have to loosen the mirror for the front ones? they go underneath it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom