Winch identification help!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this winch that doesn't have any markings it's been painted over all that's on there is the weight capacity and I really need to know what kind it is because I need to wire the solenoids up because it's also missing the original posts so it doesn't have post just as a wires coming out of it

00U0U_acpcL7HdbhHz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Few pictures of the one that was on my 73 FJ40 FST when I bought it.
20220321_160305.jpg
20220321_160212.jpg
20220321_160145.jpg
IMG_20200505_165617064_HDR.jpg

Some of this were suppose be made from military planes land gear. Mine was suppose th be made from a military jet engine starter. It's only single direction. Land gear motor would most likely be two direction. Only time I used it was to load the cruiser on to a car hauler when I bought it in 1994. My guess is if I wired a battery to the vehicle it would still work. Three of these pictures were taken last year. One showing the whole is two years ago.

Last edited:
I have this winch that doesn't have any markings it's been painted over all that's on there is the weight capacity and I really need to know what kind it is because I need to wire the solenoids up because it's also missing the original posts so it doesn't have post just as a wires coming out of it

View attachment 3189727
Thanks so much guys so any idea how to wire it or am I ok in wiring it straight with no solenoids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom