Will 32x11.50-15's ft on stock FJ60 rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will 32x11.50-15's ft on stock FJ60 rims? And would I have enough clearance without a lift? Thanks. -Ted:steer:

It would be tight, most people only go with 31s on stock rims and suspension, though I've seen people go with 33s. So depends on what condition your springs are in. If they are old, flat and worn out, probably not, but if they are healthy, they'll be fine.

The preference here seems to be tall and skinny, a 32 11.5 is kind of a fat tire, you don't see a lot of on here.

I ran 32x11.50's on stock rims and stock springs for a little while. I ran the bunny trails at Tellico without any major issues. I can't remember if they rubbed at all or not, but if they did, it wasn't significant.

I don't do a lot of rocks, so I don't need a lot of articulation. Most of what I do is soft sand, where floatation is what matters. That's why I thought something a little wider might work. The springs are pretty old, honestly, but it wouldn't be out of the question to replace them. 35inchoverdrive, you don't have a pic of your truck when it was running 32x11.50's do you?

i ran 33x12.50 on my stock wheels with no problems

I run BFG 32x11.5x15 AT's on stock rims on my BJ60 and I'm happy. I'm running a 2 1/2" BDS lift that seems relatively decent, it's been on the truck for 5-6 years. I have BFG 33x9.5x15 MT's on my FJ55 on stock rims. It has a 2 1/2" SOR lift for the last two years or so.

Here's a picture at Agua Caliente, near Rio Dulce in Guatemala this past Christmas. The second is in Crooked Tree, Belize at New Years. Both with the 32"x11.5"x15" BFG AT's on the stock '60 series rims.

These run better than the 33x12.5x15 that I had last year. The 33's rubbed ALOT when articulated.
32s.JPG
belize.JPG

Last edited:
You will get better tire wear if you go to a 8" rim,some tire shops won't even install a tire that wide on a stock rim.

I like my 31s BFG m and s. Mud and snow are no problem even towing a15 ft. trailer loaded down.Not noisey on highway either. Mike

Will they yes... should they HELL NO it'll wear out the centers way fast and give you some "road walk" the tires are not made to fit on that small of a rim ... yes lost of guys do it but it still not right .... so make sure wider rims are in you plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom