Wife just had to have one too. Need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK so the wife has a 2004 Tacoma lifted with Baja setup that she loves, BUT, she has really been enjoying the room in my gx. So since valentines day is also her birthday and our anniversary I felt a little obligated to get her a new toy.

2007 4.0 v6 with 175k one owner always serviced at the stealership it was purchased from. Charcoal gray with black and Grey interior. (Pictures to come soon) paid $5,800 for it and this thing is immaculate inside like brand new.

Now to my dilemma, she drove it home from Fayetteville following me and decided even though its 2wd she needs a lift for it and some 31"-33" tires to improve its looks. I don't plan on doing anything as far as bumpers or any additional weight, its just going to be a pretty grocery getter. Please refrain from informing me how its unintelligible to be lifting a 2wd, my wife would like it and after 18 years of marriage you just learn to go with the flow.

Searched on here but could not find anyone that has installed a mild lift on a 2wd runner. Also searched on some of the other forums but unable to find any solid information on the lift that's not information from 2010 or older. Trying not to spend over $1,000 on the lift since I will be purchasing some KO2`s with it. Looking for 3" in front and around 2" in rear to level it out. Looked at the Cornfed and Daystar lifts but thinking the truck is still running the factory springs, shocks, and struts so might as well replace them instead of removing them and putting the junk back on. Obviously since it is a 2wd Sr5 my understanding is that it does not have the x-reas.

Any help would be much appreciated, so thank you in advance for your time.

Jeremy

Reactions: GXO
If the 4runner is going to stay on the pavement you may strongly consider the simple spacer lift or leveling kit. I bet you can find some lower mileage factory springs on craigslist or ebay. If you really want new stuff, then Old Man Emu, a Toytec lift with Bilsteins, or Ironman 4x4 will work in your budget.

Thank you for your response, would have gotten back sooner but fell at work and shattered my ankle and broke my tibula.

Will fill you in on some information I got in regards to your lift options once I am feeling better. Hopefully it will help out the next individual.

Thanks again,
Jeremy

FYI the wife and I are heading to the Big Meat Run in Disney Oklahoma again this year, its kind of a tradition for us.

Bilstein 5100s and some Moog FJ Cruiser springs will level it out and give it just enough lift without compromising ride. You can run 265/70/17 without rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom