why is it so hard to find a 46mm socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well because it is f-in huge i guess. I can easily find it online the problem is that I want it this weekend because my engine is in pieces.

Went to sears, No. Snap on, $50 and a week. Harbor freight, they only have it online. Anyway I decides that I could buy a 1 13/16 socket 3/4 drive from sears. The only problem is that I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the sears that has it.

Anyway, rant rant rant. I will pick it up tomorrow if everything works out.

Where did all of you guys buy your 46mm sockets? are they 1/2 drive?

Dave

Dave,

beacuse of this thread I went down to the garage and looked....yes my 1 13/16 socket from Sears is 3/4 inch and it got me thinking...I must have used it at my buddies because I don't have a 1/2 to 3/4 adaptor...guess I should get on ebay and try to find one cheap...Thanks and good luck tommorow at Sears...

djanis99 said:
Well because it is f-in huge i guess. I can easily find it online the problem is that I want it this weekend because my engine is in pieces.

Went to sears, No. Snap on, $50 and a week. Harbor freight, they only have it online. Anyway I decides that I could buy a 1 13/16 socket 3/4 drive from sears. The only problem is that I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the sears that has it.

Anyway, rant rant rant. I will pick it up tomorrow if everything works out.

Where did all of you guys buy your 46mm sockets? are they 1/2 drive?

Dave
46mm??? for what...front end is 54mm...or are you working on drum frontend from an earlier series.

Whichever huge size I've got, I got it on the shelf at the small Sears in Fort Collins, and it's a 1/2-inch drive.

McMaster has a 1/2" drive 46mm. I'll be ordering from them. IIRC it's like $26.

Correction: $36 from McMaster

Last edited:
Tractor Supply Had one when I needed it 46 mm 3/4 Drive impact socket. ✌ :beer:

Simple :

Sears Craftsman shut it doors in all of America not long ago ,

nobody else offers a Line or carries monster sockets , because well ...........................besides US , who the H#LL needs one ?

maybe harbor freight , but your buying a whole set , not just a single socket 46mm .............

my advise :

AMAZON PRIME is asap and deal

Not hard to find, just had to order online.

187F11DD-3675-4906-BF80-A9AF20C122EA.png

Amazon has quite a few options. Its not going to get used very often so no need to buy the gold plated platinum soaked peruvian yak wool rubbed down cobalt infused vanadium paladium monster.

How spoiled are we now versus the date of the original post? I can and have gotten odd ball tools delivered to my door in one or 2 days, versus weeks.

Amazon existed in 2005 but I dont think it was quite the consumer marketplace it is now. But I remember buying a lot of motorcycle stuff online back in 2005 and no issues. But I agree, we get used to the ease of everything and can get complacent.

if you want to pay for it, any of the tool trucks should have 1 on hand, Snapon, Mac, Matco

Amazon has quite a few options. Its not going to get used very often so no need to buy the gold plated platinum soaked peruvian yak wool rubbed down cobalt infused vanadium paladium monster.
But I absolutely MUST have all my tools rubbed down with Peruvian yak wool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom