Why does my junk lean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its not the cruiser lean, installed the leveling plate, Also, installed new body mounts, still the lean in the front. Kinda messed with the body a little, but... anyone see this before?

Lard butt in drivers seat wore springs out!

Because it is a cruiser ;p Really, it is the nature of Land Cruisers to lean towared the drivers side. The discussion about why they lean has been ongoing for years! Seriously, I am not joshing you. On my 55 I did a spring over, swapped the springs from side to side and when I was done, it still leaned. Drove me nuts :crybaby: Now, I just accept it live with it.

i still have lean on my 45 with brand new springs under it. 60 leans, 55 leans, 68 40 leans...don't know about the 65 40...haven't looked at it in a while.

it's a cruiser thing...you wouldn't understand :flipoff2:

No No, In all seriousness this is not the cruiser lean, it has something to do with the body, any ideas?

mine also leans have been messing with it for years , now i just accept it .

WOW it really looks bad in the picture
IMG_0173 (Medium).JPG

o.k. are you ready
loosen the following
2 bolts at bottom rear edge of front fender on both sides
2 bolts from apron to bib on each side
1 bolt up in front corner of fender to bib each side
2 bolts ineer fender to bib each side
4 bolts holding feneder support to frame each side
check fender supports to make sure they are not bent from fender stepping on by fat guys.
now use bottle jack or something to jack the fender supports at frame or lower them until you got it level( the holes are slotted a little)
a scissor jack on top of tire and lifting on fender support helps droopy fender and help to level things
once acceptable tighten all loosened bolts

After looking closely at your pic I'd say you've got a twised front end. Look at the top edge of the bib and notice how it is not level with the bottom of the windshield. Try the adjustments mentioned above and see if that helps. I've seen this before on a Cruiser that was rolled...

anyone notice the stock steering colom on the cruisers is off to one side of the driver? oh and my dads cruiaer has the same lean he was trying to figure it out too. mine doesnt for some reason.

cruzerman350 said:
anyone notice the stock steering colom on the cruisers is off to one side of the driver? oh and my dads cruiaer has the same lean he was trying to figure it out too. mine doesnt for some reason.
aaahhhh...that would be the crack you smoked last night...or tonight...or whatever night... :flipoff2:

it's cruiser lean...just deal with it...if it doesn't lean, it must be a jeep.

frame aint bent , look at line on bumper , straight , I know , stand up straight when photoing and fill it with gas....

maybe the bumper's crooked?

peesalot said:
o.k. are you ready
loosen the following
2 bolts at bottom rear edge of front fender on both sides
2 bolts from apron to bib on each side
1 bolt up in front corner of fender to bib each side
2 bolts ineer fender to bib each side
4 bolts holding feneder support to frame each side
check fender supports to make sure they are not bent from fender stepping on by fat guys.
now use bottle jack or something to jack the fender supports at frame or lower them until you got it level( the holes are slotted a little)
a scissor jack on top of tire and lifting on fender support helps droopy fender and help to level things
once acceptable tighten all loosened bolts

I agree with this. The order in which you attach the front end makes a HUGE difference. The first time I did it I made THREE trips to the frame shop and they told me I was crazy. The second time I put the front end back on, I got it level and then tightend the fender supports LAST. It required a bottle jack.

And BTW, depending on what I've hauled, where I've been and what the ambient temp has been, mine leans either/both ways. Bottom line is....I don't sweat it.

It's a Cruiser, don't worry about it.

JMO

Ed

nuclearlemon said:
aaahhhh...that would be the crack you smoked last night...or tonight...or whatever night... :flipoff2:

I need to drink with Ige more :beer:

Ok man, heres how you fix it:
1. Filll the tank with gas.
2. Obtain an extremely fat girlfriend. These can often be found behind the counters of rural gas stations, careful planning could result in combining this step with step #1 above.
3. Get lots of beer. As a general rule of thumb women will seem to lose about 10 pounds with every beer you drink, so you will need at least a case to make the new girlfriend attractive. Start drinking.
4. With the fat girlfriend in the passenger seat and the cooler full of beer right behind her, take new pictures of your cruiser while you drink beer.
5. Draw new lines and prove to yourself (and the fat chick) that the cruiser is now level. Keep drinking.
6. Success! And by now you should now be sufficiently inebriated to copulate with the new fat girlfriend as well, so bonus!

If the "lean" returns just take the new girlfirend by an all you-can-eat-buffet until she levels it out. :cheers:

My '82 looked just like your '79. The body guy tried to fix the lean on my '82 when he took it completely apart to paint it. No luck. Best of luck with all that bolt loosening but in the end I think it will still lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom