Why does my junk lean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Peesalot hit it on the head (10-9?). Degnol too.

I had this same thing the first time I put fenders and bib together. Took a power pusher ram before I got it right. It's gotta be straight before all the little bolts are tightened.

I had some lean to the driver side. Like peesalot said you can adjust the bib. I had to loosen up the tub mount under the driver side floor and then I moved up the fender braket at the frame on the driver side and moved the bib hinge to the right and it leveled the bib out. I tightened up the body mount and it stayed straight.

Kevin

Ok then why do the other models lean?? My wifes fj62 leans left w/all new suspension under it?

mine leans left from the rear too.... I figured it was sacked springs and it would go away when I resprung it

I'll try and get a pic tomorrow or wednesday

Toyo FJ40 said:
I had some lean to the driver side. Like peesalot said you can adjust the bib. I had to loosen up the tub mount under the driver side floor and then I moved up the fender braket at the frame on the driver side and moved the bib hinge to the right and it leveled the bib out. I tightened up the body mount and it stayed straight.

Kevin
my 45 and my 55 both lean viewed from the backside...bib has nothing to do with it.

Well I was talking about the body lean not the cruiser lean that needs a shim under one spring to fix.
If you look at fussy_cruiser's picture you can see that his hood is twisted (windshield lines up with red lines) so it's s bib twist.

Kevin

IanB said:
I need to drink with Ige more :beer:

Ok man, heres how you fix it:
1. Filll the tank with gas.
2. Obtain an extremely fat girlfriend. These can often be found behind the counters of rural gas stations, careful planning could result in combining this step with step #1 above.
3. Get lots of beer. As a general rule of thumb women will seem to lose about 10 pounds with every beer you drink, so you will need at least a case to make the new girlfriend attractive. Start drinking.
4. With the fat girlfriend in the passenger seat and the cooler full of beer right behind her, take new pictures of your cruiser while you drink beer.
5. Draw new lines and prove to yourself (and the fat chick) that the cruiser is now level. Keep drinking.
6. Success! And by now you should now be sufficiently inebriated to copulate with the new fat girlfriend as well, so bonus!

If the "lean" returns just take the new girlfirend by an all you-can-eat-buffet until she levels it out. :cheers:
as a fat chick, you best watch what you say if you want to drink with me...

Well, I see that the windshield is on a bias equally with the hood and fenders.

Anyone thought of just using a slightly taller body mount/lift/ or shim on the low side? I'm talking about body, not suspension.

Could be that after all the years, the structure points on the body give in a little more on the driver's side. Or maybe it did roll at some point and it caved in some on one side.

Measure the floor to frame distance on each side to determine if it's body or suspension.

Personally, this kinda thing would bug me until I deal with it.

i agree with peesalot i did the same thing and it now leans less and is almost unnoticeable. it sagged in the rear as well and then i put some new shackles on and wallaa dont ask me how but it worked, i dont know

I added a line under the windshield...Looks straight to me.
Just tweak the bib and you'd be good to go.

Kevin

HA!! I would just adjust those red lines and call it a day.. Since I'm white trash and live in a trailer, my roof line is a little off so when I hang pictures if they're plum it still looks like they aren't.. So I just hang then to be the sama distance from the roof on both side:) Why ask why right....

Option #2... Bend your bumper so all the red lines are the same:) It'll be fun and fix your junk leaning...

PS, It could be the added weight from the PS on that side.. Just to be sure why don't you take it off and send it to me....

sonoranfun said:
PS, It could be the added weight from the PS on that side.. Just to be sure why don't you take it off and send it to me....

Pfffewww! Thanks, I almost thought it was the body. I'll take that off and to make sure I'll take out the GM ZZ4 crate motor and NV4500 and send those to you, they might be off balance. Come to think of it, I'll have to take out the ARB's in both axles, the air pump is on that side... :rolleyes:

I wonder if a right hand drive cruiser leans on the right side ? Mine leans like a normal cruiser,even with fresh 4" lift. My 55 does'nt lean yet, but i'm sure it will when springs break in. After doing Prichett canyon saturday, body on my 40 is all out of whack, not to mention drivers side qtr panel (ouch). Now it looks way cool ! Don't worry about the lean, just go wheel it and it might adjust itself.

hammerhead said:
Now you did it... you done pissed 'er off Ian... lookout... ;)

Yeah I'm trying to lay low and stay out of trouble now :eek:

I just put my motor back in a bj40 after a frame restoration. I used a new parabolic suspension kit of TIC with KONI shocks. Because the B diesel motor is situated more to the drivers side, the cruiser leans to the left. why does nobody use this explanation?

the question is; ... can it be corrected by the bolts of the fender support?

zornff said:
I wonder if a right hand drive cruiser leans on the right side ? Mine leans like a normal cruiser,even with fresh 4" lift. My 55 does'nt lean yet, but i'm sure it will when springs break in. After doing Prichett canyon saturday, body on my 40 is all out of whack, not to mention drivers side qtr panel (ouch). Now it looks way cool ! Don't worry about the lean, just go wheel it and it might adjust itself.

my right hand drive cruiser used to lean to the left on the old tired stock springs, and my new springs lean it to the right

Why worry about it, the first time ya take it off road it's gonna bend and torgue the frame and it'll still be bent. It's a fawkin cruiser... it gives it character!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom