Who's running an 18" rim? Pics please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I have an ongoing saga concerning a set of Rugged Trail 275/65 R18 tires I just can't seem to either sell, or bring myself to trade for. I nabbed them for my 40 project and they are in too good of shape, and were free. Problem is 18' rims are either blingy/expensive or plain stupid looking. Anybody have respectable looking 18s on their rig? Will I encounter any issues that make an 18" rim undesirable with a 2.5 OME lift?

Alex :grinpimp:

I have 18's on my 80 series and they look really nice. because you are making the sidewall a little bit shorter by going to a bigger rim you get a lot less body roll with the same height tires. I might be in the market for new rubber... email- Burke-101@hotmail.com

-Matt

My FJ62 18" American Racing MOJAVES
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg

Yeah I figured my sole option is those same Mojaves.....$200 each or so?

They look great but will get destroyed if you do any wheeling with less than a 35" dia. tire.

I can't find any tires in an 18" rim that will give 35".

My maths suggest that would need an 8.5" tire profile, 275/65 is only 7". Couldn't find 215 full profile in an 18" and anything over 215 seems to come in a reduced profile regardless of rim size.

Not 18s, but thought this may help a little. Bolted the 17x9 Brute B201s and 35 MTZs off my 4Runner for a look once.
Img_0434.sized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom