who's 80 is a daily driver with over 200k? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

226,xxx miles, last month drove from North Andover, Mass. to Sacramento, California via Phoenix with a u-haul trailer. Drive it every day to work (10 miles). I'd drive it home to Mass. tomorrow except I need the job here. Used 1 qt. of 5W-30 in 4,000 miles. And, 17 mpg at 55 mph w/trailer! What a truck! But it's meticulously maintained.

220K on my '96 and I have so much trust in it, I imported it to Africa. We DD it every day, travel to remote spots, and are still on the original HG. I'm not a big fan of baselining, I just make sure I do a walk around every other day, check the fluids, and take care of little issues before they become big. The way she's running now, I expect another 220K easy.

My 92 has over 330k on it, only 1 owner before me and changed the oil and fluids like clockwork. Have every maintenance record dating back to the first oil change.

Truck runs as good as all the 91-92 models I test drove before buying this one and their miles were in the mid 200's

As long as you keep up on the maintenance these things should last at least 400-500k easily.

Just turned 210K on a trip to Vegas and back. The round trip is over 1000 miles and it ran flawlessly.

1993 LC with 230k miles, drive it every day to work, then take it duck hunting on the weekends. :D

206,000 on the clock and still going. DD - 50 miles a day.

205K on my 95 right now, drive daily for outside sales job.

My wife thought I was on crack when I wanted to buy a daily driver with 179,000 on it, but I showed her other ads for 80s that had 250K, 275k and 300K on em and they were still selling for several thousand dollars - I told her "they last that long". I do some moderate wheeling, and to this day my 80 does not squeak, rattle or make any offensive noises. The same cannot be said of my wifes Tahoe with 100K on it...

1993 LC with 230k miles, drive it every day to work, then take it duck hunting on the weekends. :D

It's a little younger and slightly fewer miles, but the same story here.

+250k

15 miles a day, plus weekend grocery getting.

Drive on!

195k miles...drive on! :steer:

203,412 miles. Would take my LX-450 anywhere. Best rig on the planet.

203,000 on my DD. Daily driver has a new meaning now that I am unemployed. Had it since September. Moved the family in it from Texas to Oregon. It runs like it has less than 100,000...other than the oil consumption.

Will hit 200K next month. Drive it everyday nearly 80 miles round trip on 35" KM2's and plenty of rock rash. Never have to worry about being parked next to when I get to work, all the AMG, M5, and Cayenne owners keep their distance:hillbilly:

208,000 so really about 210,000. with 35's, 4" lift, no CC. DD 50 miles round trip. Runs great, couldn't be happier.

200,000+ and it is my DD. I love it!

'96 w/205K, driven 80-100 miles/day, wheeled most weekends. Don't skimp on the PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom