Who Wants to Try a Different ORV Park? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Google is showing 9 hours for me in abbeville... hmm.. If it's awesome, I'll check it out on the next big trip. The first week in december is finals, so i'm out for long trips until the 6th... D:

Thanks
Cody

We could have different groups go to different places at different times to cover more ground. We would just have to take lots of video and photos to present to the rest of the group for consideration.

This is brilliant.

Michael Legnon's Louisiana Land Krewesers Alabama Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For the Cure!

This made me lol!

I can't get away for. Work any time soon, but am excited to see what y'all come up with. Hope y'all have fun, find something awesome!

Here is another park that is about the same distance in North West Al.

Hawk Pride ORV

Looks like a cool place but they are not open every weekend. They have a calendar on the site. If some of you who can't make it to Mount Chocula want to scout out this place, that would be great.

As for the Mount Chocula scouting run, we are going to keep it the original weekend of 11/16 - 11/18. The main reason is there will be a small event going on that weekend. I am trying to get more info about it but it would be nice to see how the park handles a group if we are going to maybe plan an event there. According to one of the organizers, no additional fees, last year they had around 20 - 25 rigs and he is trying to find a write-up from that event last year.

Last edited:
For those planning to make the scouting trip to Mount Chocula, from their website:

Screenshot2012-10-26at73712AM.png

Just want to make sure everyone is aware of the park rules. I have no idea how strict they are about it.....

This made me lol!

I can't get away for. Work any time soon, but am excited to see what y'all come up with. Hope y'all have fun, find something awesome!

It's the name of the Charity Race they had on the Office.

And like Cody said, that's the weekend before finals so I can't go then either. But y'all go scout it out and report back to us!

I'm in for the original date. Mount Chocula is 7 hours from NO, 8 hours from BR.

If it's just Mike and me going on the weekend of the 16th, I'm still in. :)

I sent the nice folks at Mount Chocula (thanks Kevin) an email yesterday letting them know that some of us were coming to check out the place and asked a few questions. Here is what they sent back to me:

Hello, We would love to have your group. Yes, there is an event that weekend, but that is not a problem. It's not usually one of the larger events. The park rates will be the normal rates on the website. The gate will be open all day Friday, and if you would like to come in sooner that is no problem, just let us know. Friday the honor system will be in use. There is a pay station as you enter the gate where you sign in. There won't be any need for reserving an RV space especially if your coming Friday. Your welcome to put up tents in the Rv space also or anywhere you like. We look forward to seeing you, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Natalie & Trey

I know Jonas said he is doing what he can to make this trip. Anyone else thinking they might make it or know for sure? Less than 3 weeks from now......

Mike, have you thought about your trip plans?

I'm going to drive up Thursday night and stay with some friends in Birmingham then drive in sometime on Friday to meet you and the others. Then camping the two nights (Friday night and Saturday night) then heading home on Sunday morning. If we can do tents in the RV area then I'll just set up my tent near Clifford.

Yeah, I was thinking about leaving from here between 5am and 6am so that I can get there for around 1pm or 2pm, do a quick camp set-up and then take a quick tour of the park on the access roads and a few of the easy trails. If anyone else wants to leave on Thur afternoon to arrive there Thur night I might be able to be persuaded. Sounds like we would have the whole park to ourselves on Fri if we went that route. One of the organizers for the event will be there on Fri at some point.

Yeah, I was thinking about leaving from here between 5am and 6am so that I can get there for around 1pm or 2pm, do a quick camp set-up and then take a quick tour of the park on the access roads and a few of the easy trails. If anyone else wants to leave on Thur afternoon to arrive there Thur night I might be able to be persuaded. Sounds like we would have the whole park to ourselves on Fri if we went that route. One of the organizers for the event will be there on Fri at some point.

Ill leave Friday with you.

Maaaaan! This sucks! But I would love to bring my son up for a wheelin adventure next march. Hopefully it will fall on spring break, so we could spend some up here! Going to miss you all, but I will continue to be a member!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom